MacCready x Reader (Part 2) ~ Extra Gun

"Actually, I could use an extra gun. But first, who were those guys that were just in here?" "Just a couple of morons looking to succeed by stepping on everyone else first. You shouldn't be surprised though, that's what you get when you run with a group like the Gunners." "Gunners? Never heard of them." "One of the biggest gangs in the Commonwealth. Got a rep for being crazy, you know, so tightly wound you'd think they were a cult or something. Stayed with them for awhile, because the money was good, but I never fit in. That's why I left and started traveling solo. Now what about you? How do I know I won't end up with a knife behind my back?" "I guess you don't. That's part of the risk, you know." "Can't argue with that. Tell you what. Price is 250 caps. Up front. And there's no room for bargaining. What do you say?" "Alright. Here you go." "Congratulations, you just bought yourself an extra gun. Alright boss, let's get out of here." You walked out of the room with MacCready. You found an empty table and sat down. MacCready sat down in the seat in front of you. "You like Magnolia?" You asked him. "She's good. These people really seem to enjoy her... though I prefer rock." He chuckled. "What about he bartender?" "Whitechapel Charlie? Man, I love him. He gives me the best stuff from the back." He answered. You laughed and he followed. You looked at Magnolia as she sang. You could see from the corner of your eye that MacCready was looking at you. You pretended not to notice. He then took out a pack or cigarettes and pulled out a cigarette. You watched him as he lit it. "Want one?" "No thanks, I don't smoke. I'd rather have a drink." MacCready looked at the bartender. "Hey, Charlie, a drink over here!" He called. You smiled. Whitechapel Charlie came over and dropped off a beer. "Wow, thanks MacCready." You said. He smiled. You took a sip of your beer and sighed.

     You finished your drink and walked out with MacCready. As you two left, MacCready finished his cigarette and tossed it on the ground. "So, where we heading now?" He asked. "I wanted to stop by Diamond City to sell some items for more caps." "Heh, nice. What are you gonna sell?" "Some extra weapons and useless junk." You answered. He nodded. You started the path to Diamond City and MacCready followed behind.

     All the creatures you two came across MacCready tried his best to keep you safe. He would even protect you from the tiniest Radroach. You were grateful for him. You hope that what you guys have now could possibly even go further than friendship.

TO BE CONTINUED...