𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

chapter four  ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

"stay with me,
because you're all i need."

he is woken up with little oxygen in his lungs, eyes wide as they fight to breathe and that's when he recognizes this as a panic attack. the moment taehyung's eyes scan the room he is in, he cannot stop his heart from racing; this is the first time in a long time that he has slept a whole night indoors and even if he did wake up the way he did, it was the best night of sleep he has had in a while.

that's when he registers the gentle prodding of his hands, a wet tongue licking his hands and arms until it starts licking all over his face. he tries to focus his eyes on the big dog whining that there is a distressed human in front of him, licking all over taehyung to soothe him. the dog begins to bark when taehyung coughs, nearly crying frustrated tears because taehyung just knows he is sick. the barking drags the owner of the loft up the flight of stairs and into taehyung's line of vision; it is the man he remembers from last night, only this time he is bundled up in a cozy winter sweater and some snowy pajama pants. his eyebrows are scrunched together in an almost worried way, watching taehyung cough again and bury his head into his hands.

"how are you feeling?" the man asks, staying put at the end of the bed as to not concern taehyung back into another panic attack. he seems to be trying to scope out the younger boy's health and he notices that he is shivering despite the sweat forming on his skin, which could possibly be his fever. "i made some cinnamon toast if you want some. i like to eat it with bananas and i made some coffee."

taehyung shakes his head, sniffling while he watches the man's dog nuzzle into his lap before falling asleep on top of him. he begins to slowly pet him before guiding his attention back to the man, "i don't want to bother you anymore but thank you for everything," he says it in a little mumble, afraid that if he speaks too loudly that he will wake up the precious pup in his arms with another coughing fit. "i should get going."

"you're sick," the man states, disapproval clear in his tone of voice. "at least stay until you are well. i will bring you some food and water? you need some water. do your muscles hurt by chance?"

taehyung shrugs, "only a little bit."

"it kind of sounds like you have the flu but i'm no doctor," the man rambles on, already walking down the stairs before peeking his head out so he catches taehyung's eyes. "do not leave that bed, do you hear me?" he turns to walk down the stairs before running back up them, showing his soft tuft of hair again. "what's your name?"

it is undeniably endearing how this grown man rambles nervously all of the time despite his slightly intimidating, yet cuter appearance. this stranger is a unique entity if he has ever seen one. he giggles softly, "my name is taehyung."