Chapter 13

(Sonic's P.O.V)

I shut my eyes tightly as it appears to get brighter suddenly and feel warmer. It feels like a natural warmth and the surface beneath me feels soft and the air smells of.. Roses? I open my eyes out of curiosity and I'm surprised by what I see. I'm under a huge tree, in a field of pink roses, the sun high in the sky which is a beautiful blue color. I look around and begin to sit up as I wonder where I am and how I got here.

"Sonic?!"

I hear someone shouting my name from a distance, the voice sounds familiar but I can't pinpoint who it is at the moment.

"Sonic, where are you?!"

They shout again but this time they sound closer. As I look around in attempt to find the source of the voice I'm met with beautiful jade eyes and pink fur.

Amy smiles at me with the most angelic smile I've ever had the opportunity to witness when suddenly her voice changes to that of a serious one.

"Sonic you lazy hog, get up already we need to leave!!!"

Before I question anything I wake up to Amy shaking me awake and shouting my name. I stare at her for a second, she's had a long day at work but she still manages to somehow look so..

"What do you want, don't you see a guy trying to get some shut eye around here?" I ask, smiling at her cheesily. She stares at me and puffs her cheeks, growing a bit red from frustration I'm sure. "You are so aggravating, ugh" she glares at me "I want to go home and you're my ride so please can you get up?!"

"Fine fine, I'm going" I mumble as I get up groggily "Start heading to the car, I'll be out in a sec." She stares at me for a second and seems appears to calm down for a moment, proceeding to mumble a 'thank you' before disappearing to the front of the shop. Once I know she is out of ear shot I chuckle to myself, make sure I have everything and follow her lead.

~~~TIME SKIP~~~

The ride was silent pretty much the entire time and Amy hasn't really looked in my direction ever since the shop. I barely finish parking when Amy  jumps out the car and storms to the front door, unlocking it and heading inside. I sigh as I finish up parking and head inside myself, hearing the bathroom door slam shut upon my entry. I shake my head and head over to the couch to relax for a bit, waiting for the bathroom to be free.

As I wait in boredom, I decide to go to the room I'm staying in and make a phone call. The phone rings twice before I hear a young male voice on the other side answer. "Hey Sonic, what's up?" "Hey Tails, just wanted to check up on you guys and make sure everything was okay on your end, considering you have been leaderless for the past few days" I say with a smirk on my lips. "Haha, very funny Sonic, I'll have you know we can do perfectly fine without you." "Hey just making sure bud, any news I should be aware of?" Tails pauses for a second.

"Tails?"

"Well, we might be on to something but it's not for certain."

"What do you mean?" I ask seriously

"Well recently upon camera inspection and the guys going around town, we've noticed some goons here and there that are part of you know our rival gang."

"Go on."

"As the days go on there seem to be more and more in the area, some of them sometimes wielding weapons  but they all seem to be near places where Amy and her friends usually go."

I take in a sharp breathe, trying to process things for a moment but coming to a quick realization. "They're planning something and soon." "That's what we were thinking but we wanted to talk to you before we made any major moves." I smile as I realize how much my team relies on me. "Keep your eyes and ears peeled wherever you go, whenever there is new information, be sure to inform me immediately." "Ah, we actually have good news Sonic, we may have a lead on where their group may be hiding out." "Then be sure to keep close tabs on that location and send it to me ASAP, Tails, we can't let anything happen to Amy.. Or else boss would kill us of course." "Of course Sonic, sending you the information now and you sure fall fast" he says with a small laugh. "Shut up, there is nothing going on between me and that.. that.. pink vermin, we're only here to do a job, I'm not doing a repeat of last time" I state sternly, balling my fist slightly from being reminded of the past. "Right well I best be off to work now, I'll keep in touch if we get any news, stay safe Sonic." I sigh "You too Tails, stay safe" with that I hang up and toss my phone on the bed.

"Who was that?"

I quickly turn to glance at my door, noticing that Amy is standing there with a towel wrapped around her hair, in a pair of red onesie. "None of your business Pinky" I state nonchalantly and lay on my bed. "Alright then, well I was going to make dinner and wanted to ask if you would like to help..?" I look at her and smirk, "And why is that?" She turns a bit pink from embarrassment "I just feel like it's a lot for one person to handle on their own" she trails off. "Mm, I'll think about it" I grin "Might need some more sleep before doing something like that, considering someone interrupted my sleep so rudely earlier." She looks at me and for a second I thought I saw a flash of sadness in her eyes, but it was soon gone as soon as it came.

She giggles to herself before stating "You're right and I'm really sorry about that, I just don't like being alone much anymore with everything that has been happening lately.. And thank you for everything by the way, I should probably let you rest; I'll let you know when the food is ready." And with that, she silently closed the door behind her and left. I stared at the spot where she was just standing having a feeling of guilt wash over me, feeling as though I may have done something wrong to put her in such a state. Part of me was concerned but the other part wanted to not care and do something else to get my mind off the whole situation.

"Ah shizz" I jump up from my bed and head out into the kitchen, to help Amy make dinner and possibly put her in a better mood. I don't know what's coming over me, I usually don't feel bad about most thing's but Amy, she's different... Maybe... Maybe Tails was right...

~~~~~~~~~~

Comment, Vote and Share!!