Bad Dream

(Y/N POV) You we're just trying to sleep when you heard a scream in the Vincents room, you grabbed a light and walked over to his room, you slowly open the door to see him bolt upright, sweating and breathing heavily.

"Vincent, are you alright?", You gently ask him.

"Y-Yeah, I just had a bad dream, that's all.", Vincent replied.

"Oh, ok, just checking.", You said softly.

"Wait, Before you go...", Vincent almost raised his voice right as you were about to leave.

"Yes?", You ask, wondering what he needs to say.

"Can I....ask you something?", Vincent said timidly.

"Ask away.", You say as you sit on the side of his bed next to him.

"....do you think....even the worst person can change....that everyone can be good if they tried?", Vincent asked.

"Well I mean, yeah, I always believed you could do anything if you just put your mind to it.", You say reassuringly.

Suddenly you hear sniffling, you turn to Vincent and see him crying.

"O-Oh no, are you crying, did I say something wrong!?", You worriedly ask him.

"I-I'm not crying!", Vincents sobs.

Then, an idea came to your head, you got up, put the light down, climbed under the covers and put your arms around Vincent in a warm embrace.

"W-What are you doing?", Vincent asks with tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry...I'm here for you.", You say while patting his head.

"....ok.", Vincent says before he closes his eyes and falls asleep with you.