Pt. 22 - moon reflects.

Namjoon

Namjoon

"No, I won't let you go there alone. It's too dangerous, Jin. You said it yourself, cops were found dead when they tried to save Yoongi there back then. What about you?!"

Jin looks down, slipping his hair back with both his hands frustratedly.

We knew the evidence we need, the camera, is being kept in a place where the old man had his first experiment. Knowing that the experiment is actually towards Yoongi really blows our minds.

Especially Jin Hyung. I've never seen him being this angry before.

We knew Yoongi had been through worse. We didn't know he'd been through the worst than all of us.

Nobody could imagine what Yoongi faced in the basement of that mansion.

This is beyond crazy.

"Tell Hoseok, hold the plan," said Jin softly, standing while looking out the large window beside his bed, staring blankly. I nod.

My eyes caught his twitching hands. He is holding it. It's a ring. The round doesn't fit any of his fingers, so he always carries it tied to a string.

I know he's devastated if he's holding it, because he needs to calm down.

It is the only thing that keeps him close with her.

The moon is full out there, reflecting the light wholeheartedly. He once said, it also always reminds him of her.

"I can't let Yoongi get through it anymore too," he implied. "At least we know the photos are still out there."

"We will think of another way to get them," I add. "Okay?"

He nods. Because so far, that's the only thing we can depend on.

A moment later, I hear a sigh. Jin looks down at the ring and turns to me with desperate eyes.

"Can you take me to her again?"

I nod, willing fully.

The night is getting darker and Seijin is still the darkest little area in South Korea at night.

It takes us about two hours driving to Moojin Hill, where Jungkook and her still manage to live together warmly under the only ground in Seijin where stars still shine.

I stop the car slowly when our eyes catch her. Jin lowers down the window. One hundred feet away is more than enough for him to see her face.

It is the third night Jin requested to see her this week. I've been worried so much.

But I never mind though. Because when his eyes are locked to her, it is like a cognition to me that love exists and can make peace out of literally everything.

Jin loves her so much, it hurt him when he found out she was crying, just one second.

So he always makes sure she isn't anymore. At least he always looks hard to do it.

These months? Not very good to his health.

I take a look too towards the two who are apparently having midnight snacks around a bonfire. She is trying to throw something like a marshmallow to Jungkook's wide-open mouth.

It's been a while since I saw Jungkook laughing crazily like that.

When she actually throws three marshmallows in a row, and Jungkook manages to catch all three with his mouth, she looks very surprised, they cheer happily like in a championship.

It is a magnificently heartwarming scene, I see a tear rolling down Jin's cheek.

He's smiling purely.

Well, it's rare.

Oh, right!

"I almost forgot to tell you, they just landed on a job today," I informed, giving Jin a box of tissue.

"Yeah?" Jin snatches one tissue and wipes his tears, still smiling happily. "Thank God. Where?"

"A farm not far from here."

Jin nods in relief, sniffing for the last time. "Wait, what?" his eyes suddenly turn shock to me.

That, surely, makes me shocked too. That look always means that something bad will happen.

Something bad will definitely happen.

"What? What will happen?" I ask in panic.

Jin looks back at her while thinking hardly. His fingers are twitching again restlessly. He then checks his watch, and mumbles, "Hoseok must be taking a rest now. Do you have a pen?"

"Yeah, yeah."

He grabs a paper on the dashboard and writes something as soon as I hand him my pen.

"Tomorrow morning, please meet up with Hoseok and give him this," he said, folding the paper and hands it to me. "Tell him to give it to her. She will understand and trust him."

"Okay," I nod, assuring him.

"Thank you," he said, looking back at her. "I will explain everything to you tomorrow."

She is finally preparing the bed beside Jungkook and ready to sleep.

"We should take a rest too," Jin said, sighed nervously.

I press my lips shut, nod in agreement. So I start the engine and drive the car away, slowly, until he can finally look away of her.

Well, good night, Jungkookie.

Good night, Jihyun-ssi.