Pt. 23 - forward, forward

Jihyun

Jihyun

So.

It's my first day of work.

So far, everything went nice. Jungkook is being easier to bear with. He's still a pain in the ass, giggling nonstop, making a morning mess like usual, but I get used to it.

Our breakfast was nice too. Bread and lots and lots of strawberry jam. Also banana milk. It's Jungkook.

Anyway. We are almost there. The only large farm in Seijin. This morning, Jungkook has gotten his own exercise by lashing away bushes with two long sticks to clear our shortcut to the farm. I kind of didn't want to get tired by going around the forest to get to the farm, and Jungkook got muscles, so why not.

"HIYA! HIYA! Don't worry, Noona. Nothing will be on Noona's way. HIYA!"

I laugh again. He keeps saying that every time we're about to go through a wild bush.

At least he's enjoying himself.

Once we get to the farm, my eyes catch the round posture of Hyunshik Sajang in front of cows crib, standing behind a truck with a young, tall guy. The guy is carrying a heavy, big wooden box and places it into the trunk hardly.

"Oh, Jihyun-ssi!" Hyunshik Sajang caught my present. "About time!"

"Good morning, Sajang-nim," I bow down. Jungkook follows clumsily.

"I need Kookie's help to carry all these boxes into the trunk. Taeil would've done it by the end of the year."

"Ha! That's actually a funny one."

The guy fakes a laugh, but like out of respect? I got a little fascinated by his smile.

"Hi, I'm Taeil. Nice to meet you, Jihyun-ssi," he said suddenly, offering his hand so I shake it.

"My pleasure," I answered, smiling.

"You can't hold Noona's hand!" Jungkook pulls my hand away of Taeil's abruptly, out of anger.

I'm really shocked. So is Taeil. Maybe Hyunshik-nim too.

"Why? What's wrong?" asked Taeil in confusion.

"Jungkook?" I ask Jungkook quietly as he wraps around my hand like it is some kind of his property. His eyes are staring at Taeil furiously.

"I don't like him," he replied after turning his head away behind me, almost unheard.

"What's happening?" Hyunshik-nim asked.

"Oh-uh... I'm sorry. My cousin is always that type of overprotective kid, especially towards me," I explained, faking a chuckle. "But only to new people. It takes time. Don't worry."

"Well, you don't have to worry about me too, Kookie. I'm more interested in your power," Hyunshik-nim laughed. "Come here, boy, help me out," he said, tapping on Jungkook's shoulder while gently pulling him towards the boxes. Hyunshik-nim starts showing Jungkook how to carry the box properly, teaching him like a father and a son.