d

☀️ huge thank you to my baby marisarose for helping me out
with this story!
please check her books out,
she's truly amazing ♡ ☀️

to say jisung was having a bad time lately was an understatement. it was terrible and it seemed to get worse, day by day.

you know that saying 'whatever can go wrong, will go wrong'? that pretty much summed up jisung's life, it seemed.

everything had seemed to work out until jisung found out his boyfriend of a year, hyunjin, had cheated on him with a guy way cuter than himself.

after that incident, his grades went downhill. the boy didn't even dare to show any of the exams to either of his parents. they were scolding him nonstop for neglecting his school work, instead of being considerate and showing sympathy.

jisung had just left his biology class, putting his hoodie up, after the teacher kept him for a few more minutes to belittle him and tell him to 'focus more'.

as if the teacher understood any of his struggles.

dragging himself to the cafeteria, he just walked to his usual table in the corner, away from the big crowd of students, where chan was already munching on a sandwich, like every day.

he threw his bag onto the empty bench across the older and took a seat, putting his head on his arms.

a sigh escaped his lips.

chan was alarmed and put his sandwich aside. "yo, ji, everything fine?"

jisung turned his head up to blink at his friend for a few seconds, before plopping right down again.

"biology..."

"did he talk to you again?" jisung whined in response.

"hyunjin, too?"

jisung simply didn't respond, but that was enough for chan to shut up and understand. the older rubbed his friend's arm, trying to comfort him.

"you need to be an independant woman," a sharp voice said.

it was changbin, who sat down besides chan. jisung rolled his head to the side and eyed him.

changbin clearly looked very tired. he noticed that the older had a notebook with him, reading the same page over and over again. this had been going on for weeks. school seemed a tad bit too much at the moment.

"please, it's not helping me get cheered up when i see you like this every day for the past few weeks."

now jisung felt guilty.

of course it wasn't his intention to bother his friends with his problems, so he himself didn't have to deal with them anymore.

chan seemed to notice the sad look on the youngers face and shot changbin a glare as a warning.

"oh my god, this made me remember something i saw on the way here!"

changbin fiddled around with the notebook in his hands until he found the right page. he shoved it in front of the two boys.

lifting his head, jisung took a look at it.

"happiness hotline? what's that?"

"it's a number, consisting of students from our school, you can text anonymously and they will support you and your problems. you'd be surprised as to how much popularity it gained, since it was released right after that boy took his life."

chan and changbin started discussing about the hotline, but jisung simply plopped his head onto the table again.

allthough it was a nice idea, it felt pretty sketchy to jisung. nonetheless, perhaps he should try it out for himself before judging for no valid reason.

lunch ended too soon for jisung's liking and the day dragged on, never seeming to come to an end.

once the bell ringed, signalizing his final lesson had ended, he threw his books into his backpack and disappeared into the school hall.

of course, since his day was so super amazingly perfect, as he reached the front entrance his shoelaces decided to untie suddenly and the boy tripped.

his face met the cold floor.

you know what, it wasn't even too bad. at least maybe he could take a nap after that exhausting day.

but once giggles admitted from the mass of students rushing out the school, his senses got back to reality and he stood up.

quickly, without embarrassing himself any further, jisung left.