Prologue

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first Shokugeki story. This crazy idea came to me one night, and I just couldn't stop thinking about it, so I decided to write it down.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

Prologue

"Ahhh, love." Alice sighed, clasping her hands together. She seemed to be in a dreamy state in the middle of class.

Ryo and Alice had known each other since they were children. By now, he had memorized the meaning of every single sigh and gesture that she made. He wasn't really into starting up a conversation about it. But as her assistant, he knew he'd be in trouble if he didn't react. "What about it, Miss Alice?" he asked out of consideration. Though, he already knew that behind this spunky, white haired, second year was a dastardly plan.

That's the way Nakiri Alice was and always has been. She thinks of the most bizarre ideas and she doesn't take any prisoners. Unpredictable yet predictable, he thought. But before she could answer him, he already noticed whom she was referring to.

Hideyuki Kaori, a fellow second year was assigned to the counter next to theirs. She had pretty much blended in the background for their entire first year. If it wasn't for the friendliness of Tadokoro Megumi, their circle of friends wouldn't really know her. As compared to his friends, Hideyuki was pretty much an ordinary-looking girl. Long, brown hair, chocolate colored eyes that were sometimes hidden behind gold, round framed lenses. Despite that, she wasn't totally invisible. Ryo must have passed by her in the hallways a few times. He remembered her as the "girl with the side braid".

"A girl," Alice started, placing one hand over her chest. "Who is hot for teacher." she added, wickedly slamming her hand on their counter.

The class went silent, and the teacher stopped talking.

"Nakiri Alice," Tsukasa Eishi called nervously from the front of the room. "Eto...is there something wrong?" he started becoming nervous.

She noticed that she was probably becoming too passionate again about her observations. "N-nothing, Tsukasa-Kyoju!" she said embarrassingly. "Carry on!"

The year after he graduated, Tsukasa Eishi was prompted by the Elite Ten to teach in the school. It took a few weeks of begging and likewise, bribing for him to say yes. It was perfect, afterall. He was competing for BLUE, and a the same time, his restaurant in the Uptown Area had been constantly raved and reviewed by the best in the industry. He was on to targeting a 2 star rating from the WGO and everyone was waiting in anticipation until he would get the 3 stars. He has a lot of projects coming his way, and he was gaining constant support from Totsuki. In return, Nakiri Erina and first seat, Yukihira Soma decided it would be great to keep him around.

The class continued with the task of the day: complete the recipe of the French dish, Coq Au Vin (Red Wine Braised Chicken) within an hour. It was a simple recipe, but what Tsukasa encouraged his students to do today is to experiment with their different styles of cooking the dish. After his infamous defeat in the Regiment du Cuisine, Tsukasa Eishi, who is usually a follower of systems and processes, started to understand and appreciate unique cooking styles. Although he can't say that it applies to him, it didn't stop him from encouraging others to do it.

Various aromas filled the room. The class was engrossed in the activity as Tsukasa moved around to observe.

"Megumi-san, what do you think?" Hideyuki asked her partner, as she finished sauteeing the ingredients.

The blue haired girl nodded her head in agreement. "It looks good. Demo...shouldn't we adding thyme now?"

"Hold it first," Hideyuki replied, as she started to work on a bowl of spices.