Prologue

Eleven-year-old Emma Copper sat alone on the Hogwarts Express. She missed her family. Her two dogs Willow and Charlie. Her two sisters Rylee and Jayde. She missed her mom and dad. Hell, she even missed that creepy snake. The dole compartment reminded her of her drafty but comfortable room back in America.

       Her modestly sized laptop sat open on her lap, the blue tooth headphones connected and ready for the long journey ahead of her. She blasted the Fourth of July by one of her favorite muggle bands. Fall Out Boy, or FOB for short. She didn't notice a scrawny, weasel-faced boy with starch white hair walk into the train car but quickly shuffle out again.

       Her little laptop was folded in half giving it the appearance of a tablet. She held it close to her chest and slept curled up in the corner, dreaming of home. The only thing to wake her was the stopping train, it was a good thing that she had changed into her robes before even boarding the train. She folded up her laptop and smoothed out her robes as she mentally prepared herself to meet so many new people.

        She slipped out of the compartment and silently walked over to the large man yelling for first years. Her peaceful commute was interrupted when she suddenly got shoved to the ground.

         "Watch it mud-blood!" a young boy's voice rang out. She turned over to find herself face to face with a white-haired boy who shared many of his features with a weasel. Her eyes filled with tears, even though she didn't understand what it meant she could tell that it was a terrible thing to say to someone by the way he used it.

"Ah, look the little mud-blood is gonna cry!" he mocked. She shoved herself to her feet angrily. Little did she know that this vile treatment would continue for a couple more years until the beginning of her third year at Hogwarts.

Hey, guys here's just a little teaser and a bit of backstory, I really hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to drop a vote and comment on your way out!