fifty five [full]

"jinhyu? please tell me you're alright," the voice from the other side of the phone call whispered

"jinhyu? please tell me you're alright," the voice from the other side of the phone call whispered. i only sighed at the question, i didn't know how to answer ─ because everything only felt numb at this point somehow.

"i'm fine, naeun. you don't have to worry about me, okay? i'll call you later," i ended the call way too soon before she could have spoken another word. there was sadness in between the talk, but i only pretended as if i was unaware of it.

i walked down the school hallways as per usual. the coldness could be felt throughly on my skin that was covered with thick layers of jacket due to the freezing temperature outside of the building.

everything felt familliar.

places i used to hang around, talks i used to had and feelings i used to feel. everything rose back to where it belong, to nowhere else but this young yet old soul who had always been yearning for love.

"time flew fast, don't you think?"  i turned myself around to see kim seokjin, our class president who was in his classy school uniform he'd wear every single time.

our eyes met as he walked closer to where i was standing. "we missed you, you know?" he sighed. i only smiled at his remark, as he slowly returned back his.

he probably knew what i was thinking, and so he immediately gave me the answer that i've never questioned for in the first place.

"jimin is at the rooftop."

my smile grew wider and i mouthed him a small 'thank you'. i walked away, my steps were faster than before as i made my way towards the staircase. soon enough, i found myself running towards where jimin was located.

i was panting when i finally reached the rooftop, while my eyes were searching for the carrot-haired boy whom i've been waiting for to meet. i walked around, trying to look for him, but i ended up finding more than just that.

three figures, two of them were just next to each other while the other had a gap in between them all.

jimin.

the first thing that i've noticed was how jimin was smiling brightly, and it would be a lie if i said that my heart didn't feel anything as i was there to see his smile once again. he had his arms around a girl's shoulder who also had a grin on her face, and they looked happy.

both of them went past me as i ambled the opposite way. i didn't bother, in fact, i was already glad enough to be able to see jimin being his same, old joyful self again.

ah, i missed him so much.

the other girl was beaming the whole time when the three of them were together, but her charming smile faded as soon as they walked away. clenching her fists, she then had her head lowered down.

i couldn't help myself but to give her a really tight hug, and her sobs were getting louder as i patted her hair that was already a huge mess. "there there, don't cry anymore okay?" i muttered, then heaving a long sigh before i decided to utter another question.

"jinhyu, would you believe me if i say that you'll be fine?"

──────

but then perhaps what i didn't realise was just how much i've been missing myself ─ the one who's been struggling with pain and yet i've done nothing to heal my own, broken heart that was in need to be poured with all the love i had. perhaps i've never prioritised myself as much as how i deserve, and that time has finally come for me to rise back up again and learn how to love myself.

i hope that you'll always be happy, park jimin.

END.