That Boy

Kokichi stepped onto the school grounds again, past the school gate again, for another day. Another day of torture, misery and pain. It wasn't surprising anymore though - he had their eyes set right on him.

Ever since he can remember, there was always someone in this goddamn building who despised him so badly that they made him bend down, just for a kick in the stomach. It hurt like hell the first time, and once they were satisfied and left, the startling sight of blood was coughed out.

"Please-" he wheezed out in between coughs. "S-stop!" he was barely able to shout. His voice was feeble, so weak that it hurt just to attempt to use his throat. It was as if it was being clawed out.

"Shut up!" they exclaimed as another hit was thrown into his chest. The boy groaned in pain, feeling his insides being twisted inside. He clenched his eyes shut, hoping that it was just a dream. His new schoolmates wouldn't treat him so poorly, would they?

"Awww, is the baby gonna cry?" they teased, laughter following that statement shortly after. It took the boy a few seconds to realise that tears were rolling down his cheeks like waterfalls. When did he start crying? His parents would hate to see him like this... "You're pathetic! Go back to the trash where you belong!"

Of course, that was only on the first day. Since then, Kokichi couldn't really tell if his days got worse or better. His indecisive mind couldn't tell right from wrong anymore.

Slowly, with small steps, he approached the fountain in front of the school building. He leered down into the water, staring at his reflection with dull, empty eyes. His hideous, disgusting reflection...

Kokichi desperately gasped for air as they pulled his head out of the water. Water dripped from the ends of his purple hair (why did he ever think it was a good idea to dye it purple?), and that same hair was gripped on by the grinning upper classmates surrounding him. It was almost like a zoo - children would gather around the most amusing creature, and this time it was Kokichi.

"Oh, sorry, I mistook you for a fish!" One of them stated as if it was a fact. Every part of their voice was laced with a sick sense of pleasure while they chuckled, "Y'know, 'cause you're just as ugly as one!"

Then, in one swift movement, his head was dunked into the water once more. With his hands held behind his back by one or two teens, Kokichi had no way from stopping the liquid seeping into his system through his nose. Eventually it got too painful, and so he tried to shriek, but the moment he opened his mouth it was blocked off by the water. The hand dragged him out of the fountain and dropped him onto the hard, stone floor, allowing him to cough out what felt like his entire lungs.

The boy laughed bitterly at his revolting image. Tearing his eyes away, he instead placed them onto the doors of the school, where he waited with them, just like how they did every other day of the week. It was almost like they were some sort of friend group, except they weren't.

Kaito Momota stood among his friends who were enemies to Kokichi. It took a few seconds for him to realise that the frail boy was walking towards him and his group. Smirking, he waved a hand to the boy, the smirk growing when he could see the small one visibly shiver.

"Hey! You're Kokichi Ouma, aren't ya?" He greeted, holding out what seemed like a friendly hand to Kokichi. "The name's Kaito Momota, nice to meet ya!"