2

"Jemma, come here! I think I know a way to get us down from here!"

Obediently, she ran over to me, her hair and eyes wild.

"I need you to jump onto my back, Jem. And hold on tightly," I coughed and bent down. Jemma quickly climbed onto my back, clasping her little arms tightly around my neck. The weight of her body on my back made my right leg bleed even more.

Ignoring the pain once more, I climbed onto the weird-decoration-thingy and focused on putting one foot behind another.

"Liv, it's really high!" Jemma sobbed and hid her face in my hair.

"Don't look down Jem," I panted, "just - hold on and don't look down..."

My legs were shivering, and I was having problems at finding a safe place to put my foot. Concentrate, this is about Jemma.

I shut my eyes briefly and counted to ten. When I opened them I felt stronger and continued my way down the decoration- thingy. One foot behind another. Just around ten metres to go...

My back was getting wet, whether from sweating or Jemma's tears I didn't know.

Five metres.

I was struggling to keep my hands around the wooden fence.

Two metres. Nearly there...

When my barefeet touched the green grass I felt a rush of relief overcome me, and without wanting to, tears ran down my cheaks.

I let Jemma slide off my back and collapsed on the ground, holding her tightly, crying in the darkness.

~●~

Hope you like the story until now :)

I live in germany but i'm english but the german still has an influence on me, like you may have noticed in my spelling sometimes... sorry for that ;)

Also, don't worry. The romance bit is still to come ;) :*