5 - Caramel Macchiato

The bar is just like I imagined. Earthy colors dance on the walls, while the interior fits perfectly with bleak wooden tables and comfy couches and chairs. Some pillows in a darker tint of brown are lying scattered over the place, making it look like you enter a big living room. The counter is decorated with several accessories, subtle yet perfect while the coffee machines are standing proudly behind the barista. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath, taking in all the aromas. This feels like coming home in a way. Opening them again, I see Namjoon looking at me curiously, smiling and showing his dashing dimples as he removed his mask in the meanwhile. Grinning back, we decide where to sit down and I browse the menu. Trying to decipher the Korean words, I hear Namjoon saying something. 'I am not sure if you like sweets or not, but a Caramel Macchiato is a nice option.' Quite overwhelmed by the words in the menu, I decide to go with his suggestion. I do have quite a sweet tooth so I'm rather curious.

Not before long, my hot drink is standing in front of me while Namjoon gets a nice hot and piping latte. Feeling at ease, I take a sip of this unfamiliar drink and I'm rather surprised. The taste is marvelous and the combination of the caramel, espresso and vanilla milk is marvelous and I can't help but smile. 'Thank you for this! I love it!' Seeing my reaction, he finally lets out a breath he seemed to hold in. I just watch him for a while, still feeling unreal I'm here with this gorgeous specimen of a man.

We talk about silly things, funny stories that happened to us and he also mentions some tips and tricks to learn Korean faster. Time seems to fly by and before we know it, it's already dark outside and rain is ticking gently against the window. I didn't have that much fun in ages and I feel a small twinge in my heart when I see him looking on his watch. He has to go back, back to his duties and it makes me sad to think that he barely has time for normal things like this. I bow my head to fiddle with my hands on my lap. Namjoon sees the change in my behaviour and hesitantly puts a finger underneath my chin to lift my head. Worry is showing in his eyes, as he understands why my demeanor changed.

'Please don't be sad or worried. I am happy with the job that I do. I realize now that our music is able to connect people, people who don't even speak the same language and live miles apart. We are able to heal people, which makes it all worth it. We were able to give back to the world, while we learned to love ourselves as well.' The sincerity in his eyes showed how compassionate he is and it makes me warm inside. I give him a small nod, trying to push away these feelings. His hand still hovers underneath my chin and before pulling back, he gently strokes my cheek. I can't even process what he did as he accidentally knocks over his mug, falling on the ground and shattering to pieces.

He sighs, looking defeated, as he bends down to start picking up the pieces. I do the same, helping to clean up. The shopkeeper comes over with a broom and starts to sweep the floor, looking thankful for the help. Namjoon starts talking in Korean, and I can vaguely understand he is sorry for breaking something again. Bowing apologetically, the barista chuckles and gives him an encouraging shoulder pat. Namjoon looks at me and explains he tends to break a lot of things. I find it rather cute and endearing as he looks so guilty and embarrassed. To cheer him up, I put my hand on his arm and let him in on a secret. 'If it's any consolation, you do not want to know how many new sets of glasses I had to buy already'. I wink and smile, hoping to make him feel better. Seems it worked as his adorable dimples are back and he places his hand over mine. This touch gives me a shiver while making me all hot inside. What is this? Why am I reacting like this?

My reverie is halted when I see him pay for both of us, which I didn't expect. I start to go through my purse to grab my wallet, when he bowed down to peer in my face. 'Elle, please stop. Let me do this to thank you for this wonderful time'. Locking my eyes to his, I give a small nod. Rain still falls down, so I grab my umbrella. Namjoon seems to be disappointed for some reason, I don't understand why though. Going outside, we both are standing underneath our umbrellas, not sure how to say goodbye. All of the sudden, he gets closer, putting his umbrella a bit higher so they don't clash. Hidden away from prying eyes, slowly Namjoon gets closer and kisses me gently and softly on my cheek, while whispering 'Can I see you again soon?' A big smile is plastered on my face, answering positively. Still hovering next to my cheek, I feel him smile too and I'm not sure but I felt the sensation of his lips on my skin for a second time.