Chapter 1

A combination of russet and rose filtered across the overcast, the sun's once blinding rays now swallowed by the ocean's pallium surface.

Dark silhouettes of birds, presumably seagulls, flocked together, retreating to higher ground as dawn drew to an end.

Mighty roars caused by the oceans constant thrashing as it collided itself with sand echoed into the girl's ear, soothing her.

The girl, who's name is Jessika, sat slouched upon on of the diners outer section, her feet ,protected by knee high boots, placed crossed on the wooden table in front of her.

A yawn escaped her jaws, she had be waiting for hours upon hours, only her hopes of him arriving kept her in her position.

"Game over," rang the iPhone in a monotoned voice, held by the girl.

Frustration flooded over her, her hands clutched firmer upon the electronics sleek sides in anger.

'I almost had it that time,' Jessika thought, with an irritated pound of her fist as it hit the table.

The girl switched off her phone, placing it beside her feet, as her chocolate eyes gaze out to the scenery of ocean.

Jessika was finally 23, she had waited for so long for this moment, yet she decided to spend this day in a peaceful environment.

Her friends had consistently questioned her about how she liked to distance herself from others, and every time she would give them the same reply.

I just like to stand on the sidelines

A storm grey pidgin rested itself along the railing as it landed, it's sickly yellow eyes glaring at the remains of a meal Jessika had purchased at the diner.

As Jessika's own eyes caught the birds stalking, she quickly snagged the prize away from the animal, hiding the plate upside down beside her chair.

The pidgin, now uninterested in the happenings, lifted its weight and flew itself away, his intentions focused on scoring the next scrap of crumbs successfully.

As her eyes followed the bird as it drew nearer and nearer towards the towering cliff, in quite a distance reach, her thoughts were interrupted by the panting of a male, the boy leaning his body against the wood pillars supporting the building.

As his chest raising and falling began to slower as he regained his breath, he slowly slid down the pillar, finally resting in a sitting position.

"Well look who finally joined the party!" Jessika exclaimed, brushing her fringe out of her face to get a closer look of the boy, her eyes dulled with impatiences.

The boy didn't respond, his head turned opposite of the girl, staring into the oceans direction, his own face showing no emotion.

The girl stood up, pacing her way towards her slouched friend, her boots making clanking noises as the touch the risen wood platform.

She had seen him like this before, though not often, as the boy she had befriended many years ago was more stubborn to show emotion then Kristen Stewart.

The girl leaned to ruffle to boys beanie, then snatched the wooly hat from him, a pleased smile present on her face.

"Look what I got!" She sneered, watching her friends face for a reaction.

A muffled laughter was the only reply she got as the boy rapidly fetching his hat back from the girl hands.

After moments of silence, Jessika flopped down beside her friend, strands of her long bark brown hair flowing in the whispering breeze.

"Ok, Delsin, what's up with you, ya big heap," the girl questioned him, unable to hold back an insult; what she was known for.

The boy suppressed a sigh, his eyes still making to contact to her and milky, distant to be exact, like he was in another world.

"Just..tired" he choked, his mouth formed a smile whilst he closed his eyes.

Jessika could sense the built up worried emotions within him, that he was lying to her

She couldn't blame him.

She had felt the same way before, just like everyone else, when you just don't want anyone to be near you.

And she wasn't going to force him.

Jessika placed her hand upon his shoulder, her eyes concerned yet remained luminous.

"Thanks for coming anyway," she spoke, giving her friend a petite bump with her fist to his shoulder, before hauling herself to her feet.

The boy finally gazed up at her with his pale amber optics, his eyes clear with question, "you're leaving already?"

The girl froze, then shrugged her shoulders as she started to walk away.

"See you soon then," she called, knowing that she had not answered his question as he had pleased.

'We all just need our space sometimes'

The girls spun around towards the diner, slowing her pace as she pointed to the phone in her hand, making eye contact with her friend.

Though she had intended to signal him to call her later, it seemed that he did not receive the message, as his head was more attracted to the ocean then her.

With a disappointed sigh, Jessika quickened her pace as she face forward yet again.

'Maybe tomorrow he'll feel better again.?"

Hello Wattpadders ( or what ever you guys call yourselves um ). This is my first story to be written on Wattpad. If my writing bores you, I am sorry eh. Please enjoy, like and them other things!