Chapter 8

Simone

Last night, I could hardly sleep because I was so excited to see Sebastian. The thrill was enough to make me restless all night long.

I wake up and go through my usual morning routine in slow motion. As I moisturize my lips with a hint of Carmex, I pause to take in my reflection in the mirror. I can't help but wonder what he sees in me. As I gather my hair into a ponytail, I realize how much I resemble my mother. From the light-colored brown eyes to the full pouty lips, I carry all of her features. I linger momentarily, examining my reflection before grabbing my name tag from the dresser and securing it to my shirt.

Before leaving my bedroom, I hurry up to my bed to grab his phone from underneath my pillowcase. I toss the phone into my bag and walk out of my bedroom.

As I descend the stairs, I long for the ability to regulate my heartbeat, but it seems as though it might burst out of my chest at any moment. My father waits by the front door to take me to work. I smile at him, hoping he can't smell my fear. I'm scared shitless about being caught up. I'm afraid of seeing Sebastian and spending time with him.

His gaze falls on me as I walk out the front door. "You look lovely, dear." He compliments me, making me more nervous.

"Thanks, Daddy."

My father follows me out the door. I hear my heart thumping with each step I take towards his car. I have never lied to my dad because I never thought that I would be able to get away with it. Sitting in the passenger's seat, I realize I could get away with seeing Sebastian today. I hide my excitement as he settles himself into the driver's seat. I bite my bottom lip to keep from grinning.

As he drives away, I find myself gazing out the window, a small smile on my lips.

*****

As my dad's car glided into the parking lot, I saw Sebastian's sleek 2017 black BMW neatly parked on the side. Instantly, my heart quickened at the mere sight of his car. I nervously watched as my dad eyed the vehicle, silently thanking the heavens for the tinted windows that shielded me from his view. Pulling up in front of a gas pump, my father brought the car to a stop, and I offered a subtle wave before stepping out.

I avoid looking at Sebastian's car as I walk to the gas station's front door. As my dad pulls back into traffic, I finally take a long look at Sebastian's car. I nervously walk towards his car, looking over my shoulder. Sebastian jumps out of the front seat before I can touch the door handle. I swallow hard as I notice how gorgeous he looks. He smiles easily at me as he quickly walks to the passenger's side of the car and opens the door for me. Briefly, I look into his eyes before sliding into the car. When he closes the door, I try to concentrate on my breathing as I ease back into my seat, and he climbs into the driver's side.

With a smile on his face and a teasing lick of his lips, Sebastian turned to me and asked, "Have you had breakfast yet?"

I shake my head no, feeling nervous in his presence.

"There's this little place I like to eat in the mornings when I leave the club. It's low-key with decent food." He says, Revving up the engine and getting ready to hit the road!

I let my gaze drop from his lips down to his attire. Damn, this man is dripping all sorts of money. He is so damn flashy about his money, it's disgusting. I admire the gold Rolex on his wrist, staring at it. Are those diamonds? My mouth goes dry as I realize he is far from my league. I look down at his shoes and see he has some simple Jordans.

Sebastian glances at me, catching me counting how much money he wears.

"I don't look like I belong with you," I say quietly, feeling inadequate beside him.