Chapter 1: Trapped

I was alone and scared I heard the screams of other kids as there lungs and livers and intestines were pulled out I rocked back in forth until it stopped it all stopped the screaming the slosh of blood in their carcasses I scraping of the razors to there bones it was gone it was peaceful.

6/8/50
"Today is my birthday. I'm finally turning 10 my first years of a pre-teen as well as my test for OSD I'm excited because I have been healthy I have tried to never get sick, so I'm sure that I won't have any horrible condition....... unlike my mom... She has a problem breathing one of her lungs doesn't work the way it should or so the doctor says but my dad he has OSD in his liver so he just can't drink alcohol but it might also affect his other kidney the same can happen to my mom but I'm hoping that it's nothing to bad where I can live a full life and live life how it's supposed to" I finish Writing In my diary as I hear my father call "Karena, it's time for the appointment you have with doctor walker so hurry it up" as I take in the words from my father I throw on a hoodie and slip on some shoes "5 minutes" my impatience father yells I run down the stairs petting my dog as I walk out "sorry for the wait dad" I say with a mouthful of toast "its alright just hurry up next time" my father said as we pulled out into the street and started to drive up the neighborhood.
As we passed house upon houses saw a sight I thought if never see through a window for a split second I see a mom in a white suit covered with blood holding a cooler I knew what had happened but I didn't say anything out loud not to alarm my dad and because I didn't believe I saw what I saw.
We arrived at the doctor's office and walked inside smelling the cleanliness of the room with a faint smell of alcohol I waited in one of the sanitized seats watching the small tv in the corner with kids show on but before I could understand the jibberish the show was trying to portray "Edmond, Sean Edmond" the nurse said as I got up with my father and walked to the back corridor with doors on either side "OSD symptom report will be in room 8" I nodded a shy nod and walked down the hall to see a larger room with a big machine "hello there Mr. Edmond" the softer said at his desk with a cup of coffee "and miss Karena please stand inside the box" doctor walker said with a smile and gestured to the machine I felt a twinge of fear but I still walked in the lights in there turned blue then pink then green than an orange then a black as I stepped out and sat with my dad he looked at the board in fear the whispered into my ears "for all your sibling the board always showed either a pink or green but yours was a white" that made me freeze I didn't know what all the colors meant but I know my siblings all had similar OSD my oldest sibling Anastasia has a stomach OSD, as well as my 3rd older brother Zane but my 2nd sister Bella, has a lunge OSD. The doctor came around with a sorrowful look on his face "I'm sorry to say this but Karena has eye OSD which means in the coming years we suspect at age 20 she will be fully blind" I was in shock I couldn't move I thought that I was going to be ok my father looked on in fear "we won't be able to afford glasses and all of the stuff needed for the blind" my father mumbled to himself as we left I just looked down at my feet in despair wondering what was going to happen.
We drove home and walked in I ran up to my room then k heard my dad scream I knew it was coming but not this soon I ran down and my mother laid there lifeless my father grabbed my hand and walked out the door in a rage "she is still alive I just need money and since you'll be useless in the next 10 years ill just sell you" I froze my own father just injected those venomous words into my ear I knew my father had taken one other kid to the camp but I didn't believe it he forced me into the back seat and drove to the camp.
After an hour of driving, he walked up to the gate and signed some papers and just like that I was thrown into this hell hole of a place where all night you can hear the agony of others and at the end of the night I could finally sleep and fall into a deep slumber until I am awoken by the alarms