chapter 2: touch

It was dark and the moans of the winds scared me all the kids huddled in the room it was a room of rusted metal and crooked walls. When I was finally asleep it was too late the doors swung open and the men in armor grabbed the first kid they saw... I was frightened the kid they took away couldn't even scream he was just flailing trying scream but all that left was silence the door shut. When the door reopened we were let out into this field but the field was covered in brown dull dirt and a tint of red from who knows what "A RUNNER" I turned back to a guard yelling at a blond hair kid running toward the fence I heard the clicking of the guns as they were raised the loud bang of bullets rang through the air like tiny bells flying towards the blond headed kid his last breath was short as he fell towards the ground adding his iron filled blood to the hard ground my legs lost feeling as I fell to my knees some other girls where screaming some guys speechless and i just sat there on my knees realizing no one was here to save us we where alone we where going to die in here.
We walked back into the rusty room and sat back down defeated "this is the end we're all going to die" a girl screamed as she covered her ears "mom dad why did you leave me here mom please come back please mom, mom?" A little boy spoke as he rocked back and forth I watched these frightened kids but I just felt weak so weak that I couldn't that I can't do anything.

The next morning the doors shot open everyone looked up "duo test today one male one female" a man behind the guards said the guards looked around and grabbed a boy with brown hair then looked at me "no, no please please no"I thought they dragged me and the boy away into a room this room was damp and filled with devices my young brain has never seen before he pulled out a tool they tool was small with a thin end "this is for fun" the man in white said "you'll see what this fun installs" as he put it up to the brown haired boys feet and slammed it down the tow nail slide across the room the boy screamed out in agony I squirmed as he crept up onto my defenseless self I stuck the device in my nail and slammed it toward the ground I felt a burning like a fire and had just but my insides like someone set my toe on fire it felt as if it was burning and I screamed I screamed so hard I felt my vocal cords crack he keeper doing this to us but with different "toys" he would electrocute us twist our legs and re set them he would break our links to see how fast they would be able to heal he continued this for what felt like years but after it was finished he injected a blue liquid into me and the brown boy I felt sleepy but I over heard the man in white say "the girl and boy passed send patient #8463 to cell block F for transport and send patient #9531 to cell block M for transport I couldn't keep my eyes open they fell and fell until they hit the bottom of my face and I drifted off into a peaceful dream for the first and last time for a long time.