Chapter 3 Buried Hatchet, Buried Past

Focus, don't let the past come back and drag you under. If you act like nothing is wrong, maybe you won't have to deal with everyone's questions. But... Cheetah doesn't forget easily, once he asks, everyone asks. Well, I will just have to use my natural acting skills to my advantage...

     I walked over to the mirror in the locker room and made sure that I could pull off a smile that could trick Cheetah and everyone else. The grin I mustered up was spot on, but there was no way I could glaze over the sad look in my ebony brown/black eyes. Oh well, I can't avoid everyone for ever. I made it out of the vanilla lavender scented locker room just seconds before Coach blew the whistle. Thankfully, once the whistle is blown, we can't talk, unless we want to run a lap. No thank you, I don't need to lose any more weight, I am so skinny! No wonder I am so good at hide and seek, no one knows how tiny of a space I can fit in!!!!! I could just hide for the rest of our free time in P.E. Yea, I will just do that. I've done it before, so I might as well do it again. Ok, we just finished stretching, Coach just said its free time, now I just have to go and hide over in the corner of the gym where the bleachers end, behind the tightly packed sound equipment for the school plays. I am only three yards away from my destination when, speak of the devil, Cheetah sprints over to me. "Foxy, its P.E so now you HAVE to tell me what is getting your tail in a twist." Cheetah looked like he was gonna stare me down if I didn't tell him. "Cheetah, you know that I always win at these staring contests, you don't intimidate me at all. I wouldn't pat your head if I knew that you could make me back done from a battle." I sighed, hoping he would leave me alone. But that little slice of hope was thrown out the window. Cheetah leapt in front of me, causing me to stop in my tracks. Ugh! "Cheetah... I have a buried hatchet, and a buried past. I don't consider anyone my enemy because I ignore them. I also ignore my past, that's why I don't have problems. The past is coming back, that is my problem. Enough said." Then I sauntered off to my hiding place.