The Stranger

Silence. This is a great thing, but also a scary thing. Until now, when her house was always noisy, silence was all she wanted.

She wanted to be alone and not being reprimanded all the time. She wanted her father to be kind, to be good, to be a father for her, not just a man who yells all the time and who hates her for existing. And she wanted her mother to stand next to her and to be there when she was crying, when she needed it most. But her mother needed peace and calm, otherwise she would have fallen apart, because she was sick and so she had always hidden away her understanding for her daughter and stood by his side, just to calm him down, so he won't hurt her poor little girl.

And now silence is all she has. That terrible car accident took away the man who was supposed to be her father and her mother too. She is now all alone on this big world.

When she realised how alone she was, she wished not to be so anymore, she wished another chance to be given to her.

So she left this sad apartment and she went for a walk. November was coming, so outside was cold. She walked through the leafless trees. They seemed wasted, just like her soul. She sit on a bench and inspired the autumnal air.

Through that deep silence, she heard steps walking on the leaves. First she panicked, but then she thought her life didn't count anyway now, so she remained there, waiting for the worst to come.

Someone sit next to her on the bench. She could hear that someone's breathing and her heart started rushing. She didn't move, so she didn't see who is there. But the person next to her didn't turn the head either.

There was silence and this silence wasn't bothering her. They stayed quiet until the stranger's voice cut the cold air. It was a boy. He should have been one or two years older than her. Without even looking at her, he said 'It's beautiful, isn't it? This cold autumn night. It's beautiful.'