The hatching egg

It was a cold night at the end of the desert. PoisonTail hated it, but he had to visit the IceWing kingdom. But on his way back something caught his eye.

There was a small sandy colored egg buried in a dune. It was only slightly more color full than the sand and there was a small silver spot on the top.

PoisonTail swooped down to see this egg. He could barley see it, but one full moon shone brightly on the egg as it started to hatch.

PoisonTail looked around frantically, trying to find any clues of a family waiting for this egg. "HELLO!?" She called out. But no one was there. And the egg continued to hatch. There was a small talon that emerged from the egg. Then a nose peeked out. Soon enough, a small SandWing head emerged from the egg. But it was strange. The little dragonet's scales looked like a normal except for a little silver scale at the end of each eye. The dragonet continued to emerge from the egg, revealing a stranger trait. As PoisonTail looked down the dragonet's back he saw that her wings turned into a darker yellow, like a flower in the middle of a moonless night. And inside her wings it was a purple, pike color like an early sunrise. And silver scales like stars darted across it's wings.

PoisonTail looked at the little dragonet. "Your a strange little thing aren't you." He said affectionately. "You don't even have a Tail Barb."

The little dragonet gave him a chirp of anger.

PoisonTail raised his claws up defensively. "Ok ok, sorry" he apologized. The Dragonet looked at him with Crystal blue eyes that seemed to be reading him. "You need a home, don't ya?" He asked picking the dragonet up. It was hard since PoisonTail was only about four years old, but he was able to fly with the little dragonet in his arms. "I'm sure dad will adopt you." He told it flying away from the broken egg shells that were left in the sand.

PoisonTail looked at her. "You need a name." He told her. It was obvious that the dragonet was not pure SandWing, and the star like scales on her wings proved she was a NightWing. Ok... what would be a good name for both a SandWing... and a NightWing.... he thought. The dragonet chirped at him again and looked at the moon. "What about it?" He asked, knowing she couldn't respond. "Moon... desert.... deserts are hot... their hot because of the sun.... and a moon can cover the sun..... oh I know!" He brainstormed.

the little dragonet looked at him wide eyed. Almost like it was thinking the same thing he was. "Your name is Eclipse!" PoisonTail declared. And the little dragonet chirped with happy ness.

PoisonTail smiled. He always wanted to be a big brother, the only reason why he wasn't was because of his dad. Scorpion, did not like dragonets. He only took care of them if they were useful. PoisonTail was useful, he was amazing with the poison barb on his tail, which seemed to be more lethal than your average SandWing.

Scorpion lived at the end of the desert, far away from other dragons, so the fly to his small castle like hut was tough.

When PoisonTail landed he already knew that Scorpion was in a bad mood. Mostly because dragons were hiding in every area possible, some seemed to be fearing for their lives while others were just hiding.

One, who was hiding behind a tall bush peeked over at PoisonTail. "I wouldn't do that." He sad, looking at PoisonTail walking straight into the thrown room. Scorpion liked to act like he was king. "Why not?" PoisonTail asked, tightening his grip on Eclipse. She gave him an uncomfortable chirp and he loosened up. the other dragon however looked down at her like she was some strange creature PoisonTail found in the desert. "What's that?!" He asked, looking more worried than before. PoisonTail gave him a scolding look. "Her name is Eclipse." He scolded the dragon.

There was an angry roaring voice coming from the door at the end of the hallway. "POISONTAIL! GET IN HERE!" Demanded the voice. And Eclipse curled up in a timid little ball. PoisonTail scooped her back up and started walking toward the door, he was slowed down a lot since he was using one arm to carry the timid little dragonet.

When he finally made it to the door he could see the huge SandWing sitting on his thrown. Scorpion was bigger than most dragons, and he had battle scars almost everywhere. "So... what did the IceWings say?" He asked grumpily. That was the original reason why PoisonTail was out in the middle of the night. "They said yes. As long as we give them back the prisoner, they'll leave us alone." He said, but this didn't seem to make Scorpion happy. "I didn't want them to leave us alone... I wanted them to work for me!" He growled.

Scorpion climbed down from his thrown threateningly. PoisonTail has had to fight for his life a few times but this time, he had to protect Eclipse this time. Scorpion was right in front of PoisonTail but stoped and looked at the dragonet that was clinging to PoisonTail's talons. "What is that?" He asked disgusted by the strange dragon.

Eclipse looked at Scorpion with her crystal blue eyes, like she was reading him, just like when she first met PoisonTail. And before Scorpion could swing his talons at her, Eclipse jumped out of the way seconds before the attack.

Scorpion looked at the little dragonet, then he looked at the NightWing traits of her wings and the silver scales on her face. He grinned. "I guess to day isn't a total loss then." PoisonTail looked over at Eclipse and immediate regretted bringing her to Scorpion.