CHAPTER NINE

ALI

I had been staring at her the whole damn time.

I could not forget about what happened that day

I wanted to desperately rejoice at the fact that my 'forced' wife was warming up to me, but I could sense there was something else going on. 

I could feel my hands starting to sweat as I started to remember the smoothness of her skin, the way she guided my hands up her waist and to her breasts. She was innocent, pure, her scent was the same. I wanted her to love me, to trust me. If she did that, I would submit myself to her and her alone. I would gladly have given up my old ways to be loved by her. 

But something else was bothering her and I knew it. 

No doubt, two weeks had gone by and she changed. From where I was looking, her attire was messy, she hadn't brushed her hair in days. Not that I even minded, she looked beautiful messy, without makeup and without a care in the world.

But she wasn't happy and I was certain.

She would spend hours painting with the same green colour; trees, houses, animals, even the bloody sky was green. I didn't have the same warmth in bed, her fragrance was leaving the room with her every single day at 5 am.

Shit, I'm fucking obsessed.

I laughed out loud, my fingers tapping at the staring wheel; perhaps to get her attention.

She jumped slightly in her seat, I could feel her gaze shift from the window towards my face. 

'Something funny?' She fiddled with a stray lock of hair. Her eyes were distracted. 

Actually, nothing was funny at all. 

I had to tell her. 

I took a turn and parked in a discreet place, preparing myself to say the words, unsure of her reaction.

I took a deep breath.

I wasn't the best at comforting.

'Sarah, I need to tell you something.' I looked up at her face, her lips were red from all the chewing she was doing, and according to her eyes, she seemed lost. 

I wanted to embrace her, remove the stray hair from her forehead, tuck it behind her ear, kiss her lips, hold her. I pushed the urge away to touch her sensuous thighs that were inches away from my reach. 

'What is it?'

I avoided her gaze and looked out onto the road, 'You're uncle passed away today.'

There was a small amount of silence before I heard a quiet gasp.

It wasn't distressing news for her no, she hated her uncle, he was evil and a worthless piece of shit not to mention my dad's best friend.

I peered up at her and I could have sworn I had never seen the way her eyes held happiness, hope and peace all at the same time. She smiled widely, picking up her messy hair and throwing it into a bun.

'Well, what are you waiting for,' She glowered at me. 

'It's time to give our condolences.'