chapter 15 - Ed Sheeran

As their dads took their seats by the back of the sofa, Alice started to softly play the opening cords to Ed Sheeran's A-team on her guitar. Connor softly begins to sing the opening lyrics.
"White lips, pale face, breathing in snowflakes.
Burnt lungs, sour taste"
The boy finished singing his lines, so Mollie took over.
"Cuz He's just under the upper hand, go mad for a couple grams.
He don't wanna go outside, tonight"
The brown haired Spanish Boy picked up where Mollie left off.
"And in the past, she flies to the Motherland,
He sells love to another woman.
It's too cold outside, for angels to fly"
Within seconds of Ryan finished Alice switched the cords for those of 'Lego House', smirking.
"I'm gonna pick up the pieces, build a Lego House.
If things go wrong we can knock it down"
Blake was quick to pick up on the song change. Alice turned her head towards Ryan as he sung the next lyrics.
"When it's dark in the cold December, but I got you to keep me warm.
If you're broken I will mend ya
and I keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now"
The room was soon filled with the combined voices of the five teens as they sang together.
"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love,
I'll pick you up when you're getting down.
And out of all these things I've done,
I think I love you better now"
The song changed once again this time it becomes 'Photograph'
"So you can keep me,
inside the pocket of your ripped jeans,
holding me close until our eyes meet.
You won't ever be alone,
wait for me to come home"
Blake set the tone, and Alice changed the song yet again, choosing 'thinking out loud'. (I HATE YOU)
"People fall in love in mysterious ways,
maybe just a touch of a hand.
For me, I fall in love with you every single day,
and I just wanna tell you I am"
Connor sang his part a little bit more confidently.
"So baby now, take into your loving arms"
Alice's bold voice filled the room alone for a short period of time before she was joined by Ryan.
"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars,
place your head on my beating heart.
I'm thinking out loud,
maybe we found love right where we are"
Alice started a new song: 'Happier'.
"Aren't nobody hurts you like I hurt you,
but aren't nobody love you like I do.
I promise that I will not take it personal, baby.
If you're moving on with someone new" Ryan sang leaning forwards a little bit, his face filled with emotion.
"Cause baby you look happier, you do.
My friends told me one day, I feel it too.
And until then I smile and hide the truth,
but I knew I was happier with you"
Connor's voice was filled with sad emotions, remembering his last relationship. And seeing his EX sitting in a cafe with someone new. Seeing the Irish boy on the verge of tears, Alice rescued the situation, changing the song once again. 'Castle on the hill' to be precise.
"cuz we were just kids but were so in love.
Not knowing what it was, I will not give up this time"
"Darling just kiss slow, your heart is all I own.
And in your eyes your holding mine"
This time it was Mollie who prompted the final song change.
"baby I'm, dancing in the dark,
with you between my arms,
barefoot on the grass,
listen to our favourite song"
Ryan sang before he gave Connor a massive hug. The five smiled warmly.
"I have faith in what I see,
noticed that I met an angel in person,
he looks perfect, No I don't deserve this,
He looks perfect tonight" Alice sang her words directed towards Connor. Quickly, she put her guitar beside her and lent in to hug Connor, as did the others. It was a group hug. The group separated only when they heard the sound of clapping and cheering. Turning around, Alice quickly took notice of the phone recording them, and the cheeky grin of the blond dad behind it.
"DADDDD!!" she groaned, rolling her eyes. "Why did you record us?"
"Cuz we did the same mashup when we were starting out as a band!" Andy answered, grinning from ear to ear.
"Now I do hope you guys don't mind, but I kinda posted it to YouTube" Andy continued.
"K" came the only response. The teens got up and back to finding Alice's Notebook.
After two or so hours of searching, they had turned the Fowler flat upside-down and inside-out, and yet still there was no sign of the notebook.
Connor walked into the living room where the others were eating lunch.
"Hey, Alice is this the notebook your looking for?" Connor said, holding up a galaxy themed notebook.
"For the last ti...-Yes! Oh my god yes! You found it!" Alice said as her voice changed from frustration to pure joy. She grabbed the book of many, many songs that she had scribbled down.
"I guess I lost the new one dad brought somewhere" She sighed hugging the book and Connor.
"But still, who took it?" came the clueless voice of Mollie.
"Maddie." A cold, harsh and grim voice answered. Alice was not happy. No, she was far from it.