Chapter 55

One day...

Zhan Zheng Xi POV

Should I tell him? No he'll figure it out right. I don't want it to seem like I was starring because I definitely wasn't, I just happened to notice. But if that was me I would want him to tell me. "Oh right there is rice stuck in your hair. You should get it off." I say as I shove books into my book bag with my back turned to him.

"Oh? Why are you just telling me.." Jian Yi says as he reaches for his hair. I shrug and start to make my way out of the classroom with him close behind. We silently start to make our way towards the school exit. "Hey~ since it's still early why don't we go walk around the river bank!"

"No way." I say not bothering to turn my head to face him. Knowing Jian Yi it would end up being more then a walk and I have school work to do. I feel his arm wrap around my shoulder as his face gets closer to my ear.

"Come on! Let's go together!" I can feel his chest with my shoulder. I can sense his body heat.

"Hey! Idiot you are too close to me!" I say trying to shimmy away. Jian Yi blank stares at me but doesn't remove his arm.

"What's wrong with you today? Aren't we like this everyday? What's up with you?" I stop my shimming as he rests his head on my shoulder. He isn't wrong. Jain Yi has always been a touchy person, I've just grown use to it over the years. It's not that a mind but I hate the stares we get from our classmates. When I look around I see the people walking by with wide eyes. I'm not sure why they react that way but nobody seems happy or mad about it. The stares just make me uncomfortable.

Jian Yi POV

I watch Zhan Zheng Xi shove his books into his book bag. He is struggling to make room for them but he seems distracted by something. "Oh right there is rice stuck in your hair. You should get it off."

"Oh? Why are you just telling me.." I say as I search for the rice. How long has it been there? Why did he wait tell now? Before I can ask he is already heading out into the court yard. Once I catch up we walk in silence. I don't mind the silence. Zhan Zheng Xi has always been a quieter person and once I came to understand that the silence became less awkward. None the less I break it. "Hey~ since it's still early why don't we go walk around the river bank!" I don't want to say goodbye just yet.

"No way." Zhan Zheng Xi says completely shooting me down. I figured that would be he's immediate answer.

"Come on! Let's go together!" I say as I wrap a arm around his shoulder. I'm not giving up yet.

"Hey! Idiot! You are to close to me!" He try's to squirm away from me but I don't bother moving my arm.

"What's wrong with you today? Aren't we like this everyday? What's up with you?" I don't think I have done something wrong. When I look to him for answer he is looking around at the passing people. Most are staring at us as they go by. I don't mind the looks as long as Zhan Zheng Xi is here with me. I rest my head on his shoulder while we watch the people go by. 

Word count 602.