Chapter 56

One day...

Zhan Zheng Xi POV

"This weekend, let's finish the homework together!" says the boy behind me. I need some space from Jian Yi. It's not that he has done anything wrong or is annoying me, I need time to recharge. Jian Yi is an outgoing person and I have always admired that about his personality, but I find it quite tiring to keep up with.

"No."

"Why?" I can hear a bit of hurt in his voice which makes me stop walking. I keep my eyes focused on the ground. How do I explain that I need time to recharge? Someone with as much energy as him wouldn't understand that. "I feel like you are trying to pull away from me. No matter what... you are my best friend." There is pleading to his voice like I child having something taken away from them. As I turn to face him I see his fist in the air.

"Right." I say with assurance in my voice as I meet his fist.

Jian Yi POV

"This weekend, let's finish the homework together!" Since we didn't end up going on a walk I figured this would be a safer option. He's been shooting my ideas down all day. It's frustrating because he never tells me what he wants to do.

"No." The sternness of his voice makes me stop walking.

"Why?" I try not show to much hurt, although I must have shown some because he stops walking. I don't know what I did to upset him or to push him away like this. We have always been there for each other through the thick and thin. "I feel like you are trying to pull away from me. No matter what... you are my best friend." His quietness scares me but I hold up my fist. He turns to face me and looks at my fist for a moment.

"Right." He says as he meets my fist. Just that little action puts my thoughts to rest.

Word count 335.