[6]

"Oh my god" I whisper, quickly stepping away from the snowy landscape. As I turn around to leave, I bump into a huge object making me stubble back. I look to see a very concerned Newt standing in front of me. "Wh-why would you have something like that?" I ask, trying to step away from him resulting him to step closer.

"You have to let me explain" he tries but I quickly shake my head before walking passed him and a very confused Jacob.

"Diana! Wait!" I hear Newt from behind me before he runs in front of me. "Wait. Wait. Let me explain. I promise all of this will make sense if you let me explain. Please" he pleads.

My mind was telling me to just leave, to wake up Tina and we'll both report him to MACUSA. But there was something in his eyes the way he looked at me, the hope, it just made me slowly nod.

"Okay. Yes it is an obscurus. I tried to save a girl who was possessing it, okay? By pulling it out of her I tried to save her. I thought that I could study it. Look, it cannot survive outside of that box" he explains as my breathing begins to slow down but I can't help but look away. "Please, believe me" he begs as I look back at him.

I could see the pleading filling in his eyes. My eyes close as I sigh before opening up to see him still looking at me waiting for my answer. "Okay" I whisper. "I believe you" I say as he lets out a huge breath before looking down. I look over to see the Jacob standing by the obscurus as me and Newt quickly walk over to him.

"Step back" Newt commands as Jacob jumps and looks over to see both of us standing there. "Step back" he says again as Jacob looks over at me while I give him a nod.

"What's the matter with this thing?" He asks as me and Newt still feel like he's too close for it to be safe."I said, step away" he commands one more time. Relief enters my body once he's in a safe distance. 

"What the hell is this thing?" Jacob asks as we turn to see him staring at it intensely.

"It's an obscurus" Newt answers as I all of sudden I hear a cry come from it. I rub my head while closing my eyes starting to feel a headache."I need to get going" Newt says as we all walk out the winter landscape. Once we all walk away from the obscurus my head is instantly relieved from the pain.

Newt walks towards me."You alright?"He asks as I nod before he slowly nods most likely not buying it but he didn't push which I was thankful for. "We should get going. Find everyone who's escaped before they get hurt" I heard Newt say as he walks over to the habitat that looks pretty empty.

"Before they get hurt?" Jacob questions.

"Yes, Mr. Kowalski. See, they're currently in alien terrain, surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet. ." Newt trails off before turning around to face us. "Humans. So where would you two say that a medium-sized creature that likes broad open plains, trees, sort of waterholes, that sort of thing. Where might she go?" Newt asks the both of us as we look at him, confused.

"In New York City?" Jacob asks as I can only think of one place.

"Yes." Newt replies.

Jacob and I exchange glances before looking back up at Newt. "Central Park" We both say as like it was the most obvious answer.

"And where is that exactly?" Newt asks. I look at him like he's grown two heads like who doesn't know where Central Park is? But then again he's not from here.

"Where is Central Park?" Jacob asks like he's also insane. He was about to respond before he suddenly stops."Well, look, I would come and show you, but don't you think it's kind of a double cross? The girls take us in, they made us hot cocoa-" he says before Newt immediately stops him.