Where's grandma ?

"What's going on ? Why are you screaming ?" Adam asked as he entered my room , he woke up from me screaming I probably woke up the neighbors too , his black hair was a mess , he was rubbing his eyes and trying to look clearly since it was dark in my room .

"I -I just saw mom coming inside my room " he switched on the lights and sat next to me

" so ?"

"I Just saw mom!!!!" She came to my room few seconds ago she woke me up !!!" I was really close to crying

" okay ? I saw her too she woke me up too ? What's the problem ?" Did this dumbass just ask me what's the problem?

" I think we should all just sleep and forget about what happened okay?" Grandma said she was probably just saying this just not to scare Adam but no I got scared so he is gonna get scared too

" mom is dead " I said I waited for his reaction, he just looked at me blankly

" what ? "

"I said mo-"

" no no I heard what you said how did she just come to my room ? " I just looked at him until he got the hint that what did he see was not his actual mom " fuck " he said then he realized that grandma was in the room too and he just kept quite . It was silent for a while.until Adam decided to fill in the silence .

" what are we going to do now " Adam asked

" I suggest that we all go to sleep now and then we can discuss what happened with your father tomorrow morning " grandma said

" nononono there is no way on earth I'm talking to dad " I shouted , there is no way I can talk to him , even though we live under the same roof we barely see him , and no one knows where does he go , he comes back home once a month , usually on a Saturday night drunk reeking of cigarettes and he doesn't give a shit about his own children , ever since mom died he started drinking every single day and he started disappearing day by day until it came to the point where he comes once a  month or sometimes once every two months , i hated him and my hate grew more and more every single day , sometimes I wish that he died instead of mom , yes I hate him that much and way more .

"Let's just forget what happened " I said I didn't want to get my careless dad involved,

" yeah we shouldn't think about it too much ,  I'm sure whatever that was , it wasn't harmful ,let's just go back to sleep " grandma said , she looked at me and smiled , something about that smile wasn't right , it wasn't that lovely smile , it was a creepy one and it gave me chills ,I ignored it and went to sleep.

I didn't expect that I would sleep fast but I did . I woke the next day early in the morning, earlier then I usually do , I looked at the other bed next to mine , i expected to see grandma sleeping but the bed was empty and tidy . She was probably making breakfast I thought to myself, I took a shower and dressed quickly ,and went downstairs For breakfast .

I saw my dad sitting on the dining table with Adam , they were having pancakes, my mood changed as I saw dad sitting there ,  I didn't see him for months  he looked as if I didn't see him for years , he looked much more  older then he used to ,his hair turned gray he had more wrinkles then he used to .
and I don't even remember the last time he actually had breakfast with us , I was mad that he was here I didn't want him to be here ,  but I just took a deep breath and sat next to Adam .

" good morning " I said cheerfully, walking towards the table  ,hoping if I pretend that I'm happy maybe I'll be  happy ?

" good morning " Adam replied . I noticed that grandma wasn't sitting with them

"Where's grandma , I can't find her anywhere " I asked as I started to get worried

" I think she left , I can't find her anywhere either " Adam said he seemed confused too

" what are you kids talking about eh?"my dad chimed in , which made me so annoying , I didn't  want to answer him he doesn't have to know everything , but Adam talked before I got the chance to stop him

" grandma was here yesterday, she was suppose to stay here for two weeks but we can't find her now " he answered , leaning forward in his seat and took another bite from his pancakes

" grandma? You mean your dead grandma ?" He chuckled , looking back at his newspaper

" why a do you mean by dead grandma?"  I asked , taking a step forward to him

" your dead grandma, she died before you two were  born " he blubbered without looking up from his newspaper

" what are you talking about she was here with us yesterday " I argued  , I was mad it was enough what happened yesterday to us . I kept staring at him waiting for him to say something but he didn't, he took a sip from his coffee and left the table without saying a thing making eye contact  , I took a seat next to Adam , I wanted to eat but I lost my appetite, I was a bit worried about what he said , what if it was true ? Maybe she just went shopping or something , but what if she's actually dead ? No she can't be dead I saw her yesterday , I poured myself some orange juice I wanted to forget about it thinking about her being dead made my heart beat faster .

" he isn't serious right ?" He asked he seemed sacred

" obviously not " I said doubtfully, shaking my head

" but what if-" Adam tried to say something but my dad Interrupted him , he came running fast downstairs he had an old back bag in one hand and a folder in his other hand , he threw the folder at the table causing my juice to spill all over me " what the hell !"  I stood up in shock, the juice was all over my new white shirt .

"here you go kids , I'll see you later " he grumbled and went off running out of the house .

I took a napkin and started cleaning myself up ,Adam helped me by cleaning the spilled juice over the table .

" what a jerk !" I grumbled

" don't say that he's our father !" He said as he threw the napkin away and sat back to finish his pancakes

I looked at him in disgust, how could he still like my father after what he did to us " I don't care , plus he's not my father he's just a guy who used to love us and acted like a father " I threw my napkin away and sat down finishing the rest of the juice that wasn't spilled .

He rolled his eyes at me , " what's in this folder anyway ?" , I grabbed the folder from the table and looked what's inside it , there was a paper in it , I read what was in the paper. My eyes widened as I read what was written it was a death certificate

My grandmother's death certificate....

...........

How was the chapter ? What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter ? Next chapter is going to be a lot more interesting

Afraa 💞