twelve

next morning

Des Moines, Iowa

Colby wouldn't talk to me. I passed him in the hallways of the arena multiple times in hopes to get him to at least talk about it with me. My feelings were hurt, but I guess it didn't matter. It was just Jon, me, and our baby now.

I leaned against the wall as tears threatened my eyes. My big brother couldn't even talk to me. Why would anyone else? What would my friends think? What would Jon's family think? What would my parents think?

"Babygirl, I just saw Trin— Hey, what's wrong?" Jon panicked as he walked into our dressing room. I stood up straight before he rushed to smother me in a hug, making me melt against his chest.

"Colby won't talk to me," I mumbled, letting my eyes fall closed. He sighed heavily, rubbing my back softly before pulling away to kiss the top of my head.

"He'll be fine, Doll. He's just protective of his baby sister. When we finally do decide to tell him that it's me and you, he'll be better," he said soothingly before leaning down to catch my lips in a warm, passionate kiss. "Don't worry about him. I just saw Trinity, Lexi, and Mercedes in catering. They're the three that know, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded as he slid his hand in mine, locking our fingers together.

"Alright. Let's go in there. I'll do the talking," he smiled, making me smile back as he tugged me down the hall. "Just sit back and watch your friends lose their minds,"

"I'm gonna hide back a little and see what they do," I said, getting more excited. We got to catering and Jon squeezed my hand lightly before letting me go and walking inside the room.

"Hey, uh, ladies," Jon said awkwardly, catching my friends' attention.

"Hey, Dean," Lexi smiled.

"Camila should be in her dressing room," Trinity smirked, crossing her arms.

"I actually came to talk to you guys," he said. "Now, no one else knows about me and Camila, right?"

"We haven't told anyone," Mercedes said quickly, all my friends' faces going ghostly with fear.

"Good, good," Jonathan nodded, trying to keep from smiling. "So, that's a pretty big secret, ya think?"

"Well, duh. You and Camila are, like, fucking," Trinity scoffed, making the others laugh.

"Well, we're more than just fucking at this point," he said, making them all stop laughing and look at him with dead set eyes.

"What do you mean?" Sasha asked, making Jon chuckle.

"Well, you guys thought this was a big secret then? Well, your all about to be sworn to absolute secrecy," Jon said before looking around the empty room.

"Tell us! What's going on?" Lexi said, slapping a hand against the table.

"Well, I proposed to Camila, and she said yes," he told them, making all of their jaws drop.

"WHAT?!" Trinity almost shouted before the others shushed her. "You proposed?! You guys are going to get married?!"

"Mhm," Jon smiled proudly as they all tried to talk over each other.

"Why'd you propose?" Mercedes asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, because I love her," he stated simply, making my heart melt. "And also, the fact that she's pregnant had a little bit of influence on it,"

"Awe, so— SHE'S WHAT?!" Trinity shouted as all three of them stood up.

"She's pregnant?!" Lexi asked, covering her mouth.