Chapter Forty-Four: The Game

The crew split up, and half of them went to Hainan and the other half went to Jiangxi. The group that went to Hainan was composed of Siran, Alex, Zia, Finn, Rose and Holly. The group that went to Jiangxi was composed of Vivi, Satomi, Mikoto, Demetri, Robin and Ruby. The team in Hainan, who made their trip to Hainan by boat, had made it inside the building relatively easily. The building had 14 floors and 2 basements. They had gotten halfway up the building, floor 7 when a Ly'Lum soldier finally stopped them.
  "You're not supposed to be here" the soldier says, "turn back now before-" and then Siran interrupts the soldier by shooting him. Immediately, an alarm goes off.
  "Let's get this show on the road" Siran says, "we're going to wrap this up quickly, in case they're going to need our help in Jiangxi".
  Soldiers blocked off both sides of the hallway, and Holly set up a wide digital shield on both sides of the team. The soldiers opened fire, but couldn't penetrate Holly's shields. Holly then changed the shape of her shields, causing each shield to shoot out a spike, piercing a soldier and pushing others to the floor. From there, Alex and Zia used fire-bolt elemental spells to quickly wipe out the soldiers on the ground. Their bodies were met with a strong burn, and then a shock ensuring that none of them survived. As they moved further up the floors of the building, the soldiers numbers quickly diminished. As they reach beyond floor 10, the team ran into MTRU soldiers again. There weren't many of these MTRU soldiers in the building, but they still had that equipment that could sap away people's magic.
  "I'll take care of this" Rose says. "I can use blades to take out their equipment. If we risk letting them sap our magic, then we risk getting our identities exposed".
  Rose dashed forward at a group of three MTRU soldiers. The first one reaches out to grab Rose, but she stops immediately and sticks a small knife into both of his hands. The other two try to use fire elemental spells to shake Rose off of their squad mate, but she uses the first soldier as a body shield and he instead takes all of the hits. When the MTRU soldier finally collapses, Rose then takes her knives out and throws one in each of their chests.  The second soldier looks down in surprise at the knife in his chest, but before he has time to react or even yell in pain, Rose backflip kicks him. With her buff spells on, Rose hit him with enough force to push him through the doors of the elevator behind him. The soldier's head pushed through the elevator door, but he was still alive. That is until the elevator came down on him like a guillotine. Rose took her knife out of the second soldier's body and ran up to the third soldier. She swiped quickly at his neck and the soldier froze. Rose raised one finger to her mouth and said "Shhh..." as the soldier's body slowly collapsed to the ground, and his head rolled off of his shoulders.
  "That was excessive" Siran says, "but it was quick, so it works. We've got to keep moving up, hurry!".

  Meanwhile, in Jiangxi, Vivi's team was sneaking through the building. They had made it about halfway up their building as well before they came up with their plan of action. "Why don't we use explosives?" Demetri asks.
  "He's right" Ruby says. "As much as I'm against it, it would be the quickest way to do it. Not only would it complete the mission faster, but it'd add the extra unnecessary damage that would grab to attention if the rest of the world. If China really has no intention of telling anyone that The Six Guns were here, then the only ones to blame for the damage would be The Ly'Lum".
  "That's true" Vivi says. "We wouldn't be risking a whole lot if we get this done before anyone knows we're here".
  "Why not just take them out quietly?" Satomi asks. "We have a former Mage with us, how hard could it be?".
  "Oh, I'm not helping" Ruby says, "remember? I'm merely observing".
  "You're merely lazy" Mikoto says.
  "Aren't explosives still illegal in all countries?" Robin asks.
  "Yes" Demetri says, "that's why it will cause such uproar".
  "Guess it works then" Robin says.
  "So, do we have plan then?" Demetri asks.
  "Go nuts" Vivi says.
  "With pleasure" Demetri replies. Demetri uses technician routes through the ceiling tiles and between electrical fixtures to place thermite and plastic explosives at strategic locations. Effectively cutting the right support beams to take down the building, as well as the explosives to remove any debris that may slow the rate of falling. Before long, Demetri is already finished. The team walks outside of the building before a group of soldiers stop them right outside.
  "Halt" one of the soldier say, "you do not have jurisdiction to work in this area, we're going to have to ask what you're doing here".
  "Blow it" Vivi says.
  Demetri presses a button and after a few seconds of thermite cutting through support beams, explosions go off and the top half of the building starts to collapse down onto the lower half of the building.
  "Whoa, what the-" the soldier begins to say before Satomi hits him over the head with her baseball bat.
  "Seriously" Ruby says, "Why a baseball bat?".
  "Shut up" Satomi says, "it's my lucky baseball bat".
  The team starts to run as the top half of the building presses further into the bottom half. Dust kicked up, creating a thick cloud that was hard to see through. However, debris didn't fly out very much. The top part of the building seemed to collapse straight down, creating a sort of crater in the center of the building. Most of the rubble and debris was held inside the lower half of the building. While there wasn't much damage outside of this building, there was a lot of panic. The team ran outside of the wall of dust quickly, and when they got outside, they were met with a group of soldiers in suits. These weren't just average soldiers, these were the military officials that should've been in Hong Kong. There were six of them, and each of them had a gun pointed to the team's head.
  "Guess we should've seen this coming" Vivi says.
  "I'm not letting them capture me a second time" Mikoto says, "let's dance!".
  "Hold on a second" Ruby says, "let me handle this".