Chapter 1

I was currently in my bedroom as my mom called my name,

"Kayja, come downstairs! It's time to eat!" My mom yelled up at me.

"Coming!" I yelled up at her frantically.

I was in the middle of making another slit across my forearm as my mom called me for dinner. Yes, I do cut. But it's not like I intend to. Stress, drama, constantly being bullied is the cause to all this. My mom doesn't know I get bullied or that I cut. Hopefully it stays that way too.

I promised myself I would stop but sometimes I can't. It's just feels so good to relieve the pain somehow.

I washed up before walking downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey mom." I said a little out of breath from running downstairs.

"Hey sweetie. Your dinner is on the table." She said, making a dish full of pasta for herself as well.

I went to the table and lightly ate. I don't eat much, I've just never been the type to eat a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love food but I don't eat much anymore. I don't know why though.

"Hey honey, so Nadine's mom called me and asked if you were still going to Magcon with her and your 5 other friends too?" My mom asked after taking a bite full of food.

Nadine is one of my best friends along with my other friends Jodie, Alice, Naomi, Braylee and Alanah. They are the only friends I have. And they to, don't know that I'm being bullied at school and I don't want them to know either. If you're also wondering, I'm going to be in eleventh grade after summer ends, which I really hope it doesn't. The one person at school that seemed to bully me the most is Nash Grier.

"Um, yah I'll go with them tomorrow." I said quietly. If you are also wondering I'm the type of girl in school that doesn't speak loudly and I'm quiet and shy. Everyone in school calls me "emo" or "nerd" or "stupid" or "fat" and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being bullied on and especially by Nash. Maybe one day I'll learn to speak up, but today is not that day. Nash is the reason why I cut and he will never understand the pain he puts me through.

"Come on honey, you can't be hiding in your room forever, learn to have fun honey." My mom said. I just nodded in return and went up to my room after putting my dishes in the sink.