goodbye mother, hello south korea!

I felt the warmth of the sun on my face. The blinding light made me flinch harder than necessary. I turn my head over from my bed and shove my head into the soft pillow.
"Uhhhhh" I groaned as i heard soft mumbling next to me.
"Hun, get up your going to be late for school." My mother said in almost perfect Korean.
I had wanted to know korean for a long time and I studied hard but I just cant seem to get it.
"Jin-hee, you need to get up." Said my mother once again.
Her voice had sounded hoarse and scratchy so she must not have had her coffee yet.
I mumbled and groaned until I had the strength to get up. My mother, Min-seo, saw me get up so she had left. I got up from the bed, and instantly regretted it.
"Why do I always have school. It doesnt help since its only Wednesday," I grumbled as I walked to my closet.
I grabbed my school uniforn and slipped it on. Once my outfit was nice and comfy on my body, I turned to the door. I was only halfway down the stairs and I had saw my Grandmother.
"Aish, why do I have to live with her out of all people," I thought. "She only wants me to do chores and never have fun." I rolled my eyes and walked down the rest of the steps.
The smell of soy sauce noodles washed over me and I almost gaged.
"Yah, this is too much soy sauce," grandmother had said, so ticked off that she forgot so speak in her Korean.
I rolled my eyes once again and didnt feel like eating so I walked to the door and grabbed my bag. "Yah, im going to school now, satanghae."
"Satanghae" Two voices repeated back.
I walked out and down the front steps.
"Well, I don't see anyone so ill go to Maria's house." I said.
Another day here I come