Chapter 1... The Beginning

"You want to know something?" I asked Freya.
"Hm?" I pulled a few weeds from around her garden herbs.

"I haven't met another person here besides you. There's monsters around every corner but no people."

"Oh, that's right. You haven't met them yet."

"Met who?" I asked interestedly. It's been 3 months since I found myself here wondering Midgard with a concussion and no understanding of how I got here.
I had spent many days hiding from draugrs and had met Freya by accident. She had taken me in and I paid her back by doing little things for her. We had created a bit of a mother, daughter relationship. It felt good to have since I could not remember my own family.
"So there are other people who live in the woods?"

"Yes. Only two people. They come by when you're out practicing." by "practicing" she meant my sword training. Freya couldn't defend herself directly so she taught me what she could so that I may protect her and myself when she couldn't. A daily routine of mine was going out, practicing for a few hours throughout the day, hunting and magic lessons. The skills I learned helped me hunt for food much easier.

"In the time you've been here, they've come about 3-4 times."

"How could I have missed them that many times?"

"It's all about timing (y/n)."

"I want to meet them."

"I'm sure it'll happen when it's time. For now, let us finish the weeding. You missed a few right there." I pulled the weeds she pointed to. "Hm, it's actually the time you start your training."

"Oh, that's right. I'm a bit late. If I go through my routines quickly I'll be able to make it back for your spells lesson." I stood up and dusted off. I jogged inside and grabbed my sword putting it in its sheath on my belt. I put my bag on across my body.

"Don't forget your cape. It may be colder by the time you get back."

"Oh yeah. Thanks Freya." I tide my cape around my neck and put on the hood. I ran to the front door. She went back to the garden. "I'll be back soon." I yelled. I turned back and ran right into something. I fell back. "Ow. I thought I opened the door." I rubbed my head and looked up. "Holy crap!" I yelled backing up. I scrambled to my feet and pulled out my sword. "Who are you?" I asked. He didn't respond. What I thought was the door turned out to be a man. He was huge compared to me. He stared at me coldly. He didn't answer my question. It was obvious that I didn't frighten him like he frightened me. "I asked you a question." he looked around Freya's home ignoring me again.

"Where is the witch?" he asked. His voice was deep and rough and just as frightening as his appearance.

"Answer my question first and I'll think about answering yours." he looked back down at me. He squinted at me with an irritated look.

I think I annoyed him. I thought to myself.

"Father what's... going on?" a little boy peeked around the man. I looked between the two of them. Father? I thought

Who fucked this giant?

"You're not Freya..." the little boy said, then he thought for a second. "are you?"

I shook my head. "I'm not."

"Where is she? Did you hurt her?" he asked with a serious tone.

"Hello Atreus, Kratos." I looked at Freya. She came in hearing all the talking. She dusted her hands off. "(y/n) these are the two others I said also lived in the woods."

"The two humans?" I pointed over my shoulder at the bigger one "You mean to tell me this guy is human?" The little boy giggled. I heard a low grunt come from the man as if he didn't like what I said. I turned and pointed my sword at him again. "It's okay (y/n), they're friends not enemies."