Title your Story Part

Football Fanfic

I walked down the path to the field. Today was the day I was going to to try out for football- here's the catch, I'm a girl.

People say girls can't play football, but my goal is to prove them wrong.

I wouldn't compare myself to other players, solely because I just got here, and I don't know how good they are.

I did learn, however, that this school has the best football program in the state- so that's going to be interesting.

I made it to the field and saw a bunch of guys, and I finally made out the coaches. I walked past the boys and sensed some looking at me. I didn't acknowledge them. I went up to the coaches.

"Excuse me?" I cut into their conversation.

"Oh, sorry, you must've missed the cheerleaders," one man said.

"Your kidding... I'm here for football," I told them.

"Oh, that's cute. Would you like to be our water girl?" The other one asked.

"No. I'd actually like to be your quarter back," I said. They laughed.

"Look missy," the sassy one said, "girls can't play football."

"Give me a ball," I said.

"What?" The other asked.

"Give me a football."

He shrugged thinking I was going to suck. He walked over to a mesh bag full of footballs and threw me one. I caught it and turned around.

"Hey! Mariah Carey!" I said to a guy with long hair. The kid turned around, along with everyone else, and pointed to himself, I nodded. "yeah, go long."

He laughed, "what?"

"Do you even play football dumbass? Go long!" I yelled. His face changed, but he's shrugged it off and began to run. He stopped 10 feet away from me. I shooed him back with my hand, he went another 5 feet.

"Okay your hair is longer than that, go!" I snapped. The guys watching laughed. He finally understood and sprinted back 30 feet.

I chucked the ball. It spun perfectly, soaring through the air. The kid had to run back about 5 feet to catch it. He got it and turned around, stunned. I looked at the other boys and their jaws hung open. I looked at the coaches- one smiling, the other surprised.

"Well that," the one that smiled began, "was better than our current JV quarter back. Young lady, I officially ok you to try out."

"Thank you," I said relaxing. The guys still stood there.

Mariah Carey came up to me and handed the ball back, "that was really good, and my names not Mariah, it's Dylan."

"Thanks, Dylan," I said. I took the football back to the coaches, while all the guys chattered about what had just happened.

"What's your name?" The disrespectful coach asked me.

"Kat. Kat Austin," I told them.

"You aren't by chance related to Jace Austin are you?" He asked.

"Actually, Jace was my brother," I replied. Jace was the oldest, and was the star quarterback at Florida State. My brothers were Jace, Derek, and Will. Jace was our family quarterback, Derek our running back, and Will our linebacker. We were a football family.

"I'm Boone," the sarcastic coach told me.

"You can call me coach Jenner," the other told me.

"Cool," I said.