Chapter 19

"I...I have a twin brother?" I murmured in surprise.

Voldemort tried to nod, but obviously, he couldn't, because he was on the back of Quirrell's head. He finally settled with a "yes."

"Your twin brother, Callum Phoenix Riddle, was a blessing to me and your mother. Your mother had given birth to two beautiful children, twins! A birth to twins is a very rare thing in the Riddle household, since we had never given birth to multiple children in one go."

"When you two were one, an attack happened. Your brother Callum was taken by the Longbottoms and the Potters. Your mother was bathing you and your brother was outside in the hall. Suddenly, your mother heard a crash and you started bawling. She clutched you and ran out, and she saw Callum unconscious over Lily Potter's arm and all four of them huddled over a Portkey. Your mother quickly put you on the floor, called me with the mark and at the last second, teleported away with the Potters and Longbottoms. I traced your mother to the battle place and your mother fought bravely. In that short time, James Potter contacted Dumbledore and it was 2 to 5. Dumbledore wanted to take Callum with him and send him to live with a Muggle family, which was what happened to you. But a curse that was meant for me and your mother went astray and hit your brother. That curse was sent by James Potter. "

"So the night where I lost my powers, I went and tracked down the Potters, while your mother tracked down the Longbottoms for revenge. I killed James Potter and Lily Potter but somehow I couldn't kill her son. Your mother went for a more fun way to kill someone. The cruiciatus curse. She tortured Alice and Frank Longbottom into insanity. However, Frank Longbottom alerted the Auror office at the last moment and your mother was cornered, where she was taken to the wizarding prison, Azkaban, for her crimes."

I was shocked. Harry Potter, the golden boy. Neville Longbottom, the scaredy Gryffindor.  Both had parents that were unloving at all. If I were them, I'd be so ashamed if Lord Voldemort didn't kill them years ago.

Another problem. Dumbledore. How could he be allowed to be the headmaster of Hogwarts school when he went to kidnap children that were barely one.

A question popped up in my mind. "How did I end up with the Grangers?"

My father looked rather angry. "You were supposed to go to the Malfoys, had anything happened to your mother or me that night. However, Dumbledore, and his pet girlfriend, Minerva McGonagall arrived at the Riddle manor as soon as Bella fell, and they kidnapped you. Determined to "raise you right", they sent you to a Muggle family, locking away all your knowledge of the wizarding world. Apparently Dumbledore cast the curse, and unless I rise back to my true power, I'm afraid I cannot undo the spell."

"Master, I'm afraid this little bonding time must be cut short," Quirrel mumbled. "My Dark Lord, I have a lesson to get to, but I will be able to supply you with this little meeting every month, in order to keep off suspicions." 

"That would be very good, thanks Professor Quirrel!" I beamed.

"Hermione, another word please. There is something hidden at this school at this very moment. Did you hear about the bank robbery of Gringotts?"

I nodded. "It came at start of year. Apparently, there was a vault at Gringotts that was emptied, and the goblins didn't know who had done it."

Father nodded. "What was taken from the Gringotts bank was the Philosopher's Stone. Have you heard of it?"

I shook my head. "I suggest you do some research during you winter holidays with the younger Malfoy, Draconian at home. Once you proved yourself useful, you can join in the fun to help me regain my form."

"Run along Ms. Malfoy. If you're late, give this to the teacher. It's a note excusing you for your tardiness."

I accepted the piece of parchment from Professor Quirrell and left his garlic smelling room, rushing off to the greenhouses for Herbology.