Chapter 26

HERMIONE'S POV

"Hermione," Draco whined, nudging me with his elbow, "I'm sorry we got detention. But we couldn't pass up this perfect chance to get stupid old Potter in trouble."

I buried my face in my hands.

Things couldn't have been worse.

Filch took us down to Professor McGonagall's study on the first floor, where we sat and waited without saying a word to each other. Longbottom was here too, at another table of course. None of us wanted to sit with him. McGonagall was watching over us while she sat and waited at her desk.

"Professor McGonagall," a hoarse voice wheezed as he knocked on the door. "I've got the rest of the troublemakers here."

"Thank you Filch," she called, waving her wand, causing the door to open up.

Potter and the Weasley girl traipsed in, led by Filch poking at them in the back.

"Harry!" Neville squealed as he caught sight of him, bounding over to him. "I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, he said you had a dragon with you,"

Potter shook his head quickly, but McGonagall's sharp eyes still noticed."Mr. Longbottom, kindly remember this is not recess," Professor McGonagall snapped. "Potter, Weasley, sit down there with Longbottom."

McGonagall was red in the face, simply furious, as she towered over the three of them. 

"This is it, the most fantastic moment ever in my life," Draco whispered, though his voice betrayed his excitement and joy. "We were here when the famous Harry Potter got scolded by McGonagall."

"How about the time when you got your first broom and stuff?" I asked. Surely those were greater moments than watching your nemesis at school get scolded by a teacher.

"I have a lot of the most fantastic moments," Draco said with a wink. I sighed and tuned back into the scolding Potter and his little gang was receiving.

"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up in the astronomy tower. It's one o' clock in the morning. Explain yourselves."

All three of them were silent. I think it was the first time Ginny had ever failed to answer a teacher's question. She was staring at her slippers, as still as a statue.

"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on," said Professor McGonagall. "It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You and Mister Weasley fed Draco and Hermione Malfoy some cock-and-bull story about a dragon, along with a fake letter from Mister Weasley's older brother, though the handwriting does have similarities to Charlie Weasley's. So you did all that, just to get the pair of them into trouble. I've already caught them. I suppose you think it's funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it, too?"

Longbottom looked betrayed. But who wouldn't feel that way, when one of their classmates had put them in detention?

"I'm disgusted," said Professor McGonagall. "Five students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before! You, Miss Weasley, I thought you had more sense. As for you, Mr. Potter, I thought Gryffindor meant more to you than this. 50 points will be taken away from Gryffindor."

"Fifty points?" Ginny gasped, her face turning pale.

"Fifty points each," McGonagall said flaring her nostrils. 

I high-fived Draco under the table. A hundred fifty points taken away from Gryffindor would immediately put them out of the running. They were close behind Slytherin. Now they're definitely going to be in last place. 

"Professor... please... you can't," Potter pleaded, looking utterly devastated.

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Potter." McGonagall snapped. All five of you shall serve detentions, yes, you too, Mr. and Miss Malfoy.  Sneaking out of bed for a good cause does not give you the right to sneak out of bed. Your head of house has already agreed to no points taken away, 50 points given to Slytherin, but for the both of you to serve detentions. Now get back to bed, all of you. I've never been more ashamed of Gryffindor students."

HERMIONE'S POV

"Haha, did you see their faces," I chuckled, along with Draco by my side, as we walked, hand in hand back to the Slytherin common room."

"I did," Draco smirked. "Longbottom was going to tear up any moment, the Weasley girl looked like she was being delivered to her execution, and Potter, boy I'm going to remember that sweet face of terror forever."

We walked down the twisting corridors, sliding down several staircases before we reached the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

"Ceannaire," Draco said, ducking his head to enter the pathway which would lead to the common room for all ages.

"Malfoys!" Londyn Yaxley shouted, her face red with fury, "where in the world have you two gone off to? Wandering around the school gets house points deducted from Slytherin, and you know Slytherin does want to keep the House Cup."

"It's okay, we didn't get points taken away from Slytherin, we actually earned 50 points tonight and cost Gryffindor 150," I retorted.

"What?" Flint asked in disbelief. "Weren't you caught during your evening stroll by the teachers?"

"Yes, yes we were," Draco said, sinking down into an armchair and crossing his legs, "but this particular stroll of ours gained us points and took away some from Gryffindor."

"Apparently, the gamekeeper's been keeping a dragon in his hut," I explained, "and well, he owns a wooden hut. It's not like he could keep a dragon in there forever. So you know how the older Weasley twin of our year, Ronald, has an older brother called Charlie Weasley, who works in Romania as a dragon tender. So they decided to call Charlie Weasley and a bunch of his friends down to Hogwarts to kidnap the dragon."

"When we knew, we decided that we couldn't have that," Draco continued, "in order to enforce safety protocols of Hogwarts, the school needed to know what they were doing and put a stop to that."

"So we miraculously got the letter in which Charlie Weasley agreed to his brother's stupid plan of kidnapping the dragon, and tonight as we tried to catch the trio, we were accidentally caught by Professor McGonagall, who took us to Professor Snape's study to deal with us."

"Upon seeing the letter, Snape said that we had saved Hogwarts from a gigantic threat and gave us 50 house points." I grinned.

"50?!" Londyn shrieked. "That's definitely going to put us in the lead."

"And we also got McGonagall to take away 150 points from Gryffindor," I smirked.

"Oh, I can't wait to see the Gryffindors smug little faces fall when they pass by the hourglasses which stores all the house points tomorrow at breakfast," Draco said with a smile.

A/N: this is kinda short, sorry guys, but what with holidays and homework, i've got a lot going on at the moment, plus this short chapter fits better than having a long chapter and cutting off at a weird place, so sorry, enjoy and next chapter will come sooner, sorry for the long wait