A Most Unwelcome Arrival

_____Royce's Point if View_____

Driver Carl walks up to a rather swanky looking SUV and presses a button on his keys, the car makes a small beep and then the trunk opens.

"I was told we'd be in a shuttle bus." I say as I watch the trunk open.

"Get your bags in the trunk and your keisters in the car, we've got to hit the road." He clapped his hands loudly as he walked straight to the drivers door and ignored my words.

"Here let me help you with that." I say.

I leave my two large suitcases next to the vehicle before I gently take hers and easily lift it into trunk.

"Thank you." She says shyly.

"No biggie, go on in, I've still gotta get my bags in."

She nods and leaves my side to get into the SUV, I lay my suitcase down and then do the same with the second one before I remove my sweater. I open the top bag and find that my jacket is also in there, I smile and shake my head as I put my sweater next to it. Finally I close the trunk and make my way into the car. I find Alexia sitting in the first row of seats, I don't want to overwhelm her by sitting next to her...plus I want her to be comfortable for the long drive so I close the door behind me and make my way to the second row of seats right in front of the luggage.

I don't even bother with a seat belt and Driver Carl takes off.

"Are you okay back there?" Alexia turns and asks me.

"Sure, why wouldn't I be?"

She shrugs "just wanted to make sure you would be comfortable that's why I picked the shorter seat." She confessed.

I smirk, "well thank you, I appreciate that."

"Hope you two don't mind the cold, I need the AC full blast to stay awake." Driver Carl interrupts, "also I refuse to put on the radio, what I like I'm sure y'all won't, and what y'all like I'm sure I'll hate...so talk amongst yourselves for entertainment."

"Alpha Roy really sent YOU out of all of his pack members." I wondered out loud.

"Well technically he didn't pick me because he's out of town for the week, but I volunteered... and of course at the last pack meeting he told us about this newcomer that would be staying with us for a year and we are to treat him with the utmost respect, now that'd be you kid."

"You don't say." I mumble sarcastically. it earns me a sneer from Driver Carl and a small giggle from Alexia.

A little while later Alexia opens her candy and pulls a book out of her purse, I copy her actions and dig into my pocket for my earphones and my iPod, and I take out the magazines.

"Want some?" She asks as she holds the bag of candy up.

"Yeah thanks, I can't remember the last time I've actually had these."

"I love anything sour and gummy." She smiles as I reach over to grab two. "Oh, you've got a tattoo."

"I do, a few of them actually." I admit before lifting up my left sleeve to show her the one she had seen a small portion of. "This is actually the first tattoo I got, I really love motorcycles and the mechanics of them so I got this bio mechanical quarter sleeve...i got it when I turned fifteen, my friends and I snuck out on my birthday." I confessed as I smiled at the memory. "Luckily I'm tall for my age so I didn't get much shit from the tattoo artist, of course My Aunt Nat nearly killed me the next morning."

Alexia smiled along with me, "how many more do you have?"

I have a total of five, "the one I showed you, one over my heart." I say as I touch my left pectoral. "I got this one in remembrance of my mother, it is her family's coat of arms." It is a jet black wolf in the center of a blood red crest with three black spades atop and for her I added a 'C' on the bottom left and and 'H' on the bottom right. "I got that one done in London, then after traveling to both Ireland and France I got this one." I say as I hold up my right arm, she sees the vintage compass tattoo right under my inner elbow. "To show my love of travel...going down my entire right ribcage is my newest tattoo, I found out that my mothers family comes from Vikings so naturally I had to get a really badass Viking and last is on my lower left hip and it's just script tat."