Coming Home

It was Wednesday on a hot August night I cold smell the leaves changing. My eyes were locked on my neighbors son unpacking his things from his truck. Bobby had been in the military and only came home once in a blue moon his hair was such a brown color and his eyes were baby blue. Him and I had been close friends once but Bobby was 4 years older tan me and had his own life so we drifted apart. I was pulled out of my day dream by someone laughing and it sounded like they were closet to me. 

             I looked down to see Bobby standing at the bottom f a long latter against my house. My dad had been fixing the gutters and had not taking it down yet. "What are you doing" I said looking right into his big dreamy baby blue eyes. He chuckled "coming to my best friend" his deep voice was so ugh "best friend" I question blushing. "Yeah" he answered coming up the ladder his big mussels popping out of his shirt but then frowned "wait my parents are home and would kill me and you." 

          He smiled "I have been through hell and back i'm fine" I rolled my eyes truing to go lock my door when I turn back around his 6'6 muscle figure was staining there looking around my room. When he was finally done his eyes his baby blue eyes met mine and he smiled I gave him a genital smile back. I could smell his strong colon as he stood there in his army green shirt with his  camouflage pants and boots still on. I feel my face getting warm as he lays back on my bed I roll my eyes sitting down beside of him " how have you been girl" he said teasing me sitting up "good I guess" I shrugged then asked him " as good as I can be" he responded. 

           " How long are you back this time" I asked as he sat up and look over at me giving a little smile. " I have no idea I just need to enjoy the time I have off now" Bobby was always looking at the bright side of things even after every thing he had been through and saw I guess that's one thing I find so attractive. "Yeah" he said sitting one the edge of my bed playing with his hands not making eye contact. I could tell there was something bother him when he didn't look at me instead just played with his hands.  

              "I'm here any time you need to talk" I said reminding him that he is never alone. It was true I would take a bullet for Bobby He looked u pat me with tears in his eyes and I moved closer to console him.  I laid my hand over his "I have four months" he looked back down "till you leave" I questioned. He stood up throwing his hands behind his head "well if forever counts then yes" I looked at him so confused where was he going forever.  "Forever" I laughed nervously and kinda questioned "yeah forever" a tear ran down his face.