Sneaking out

Princess Isabelle got out of bed with determination and stealth. She tried to be as silent as possible to avoid alerting the butler. Her room was just how she liked it, Sapphire yellow wall papers that matched her golden eyes and white accented furniture that highlighted the space. "Simple yet unique", she stated smiling to herself as she prepared to take her royal bath. The smile slowly faded, "why couldn't life be like that?", She thought, fighting to ignore the longing in her heart. Princess Isabelle wanted to feel the breeze in her icy white hair. She wanted to run around the village, visit that little traditional bakery close to the village square and lay in the garden to get a good whiff of the different scents that the flowers had to offer. She could almost taste the freshly baked pastries, not to mention the handpicked berries! she sighed deeply wondering when that would ever happen? freely at least.

She stood patiently trying to open the bathroom door little by little with hopes of being silent. Small beads of sweat formed on her forehead, and she nervously bit down on her bottom lip each time the door moved. Just when the space was big enough to fit her petite body through, a loud screech echoed through the room. "Perfecto" She mumbled sarcastically, "Cinco, Cuatro, Tres, dos, uno and here we go" Princess Isabelle whispered to herself as Señor Kenny burst through the door. " Splendid morning Princesa, my apologies for my tardiness" he stated looking remorseful. Señor Kenny was a man of his age, but he showed no signs of it. He was fit, and his gray eyes showed youth but more dominantly, wisdom. "Don't be silly señor", Isabelle said as she entered the bathroom, "I will prepare my own bath this morning, I will be down for breakfast in a few minutes", she finished from inside the bathroom. He couldn't argue as Isabelle normally allowed him to prepare her baths with the exception of her stubborn days where she went ahead to do so herself, today was one of those days. The butler simply nodded and exited the room but not with the same burst of energy with which he entered. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she pinned up her hair and allowed the night gown to fall gracefully at her feet with her under garments following suit. She entered the bathtub relaxing a little bit more as the warm water caressed her already smooth skin. Smiling subconsciously, she decided to stay in the bathtub for a little longer letting the water soak through her pores a bit more.

She was snapped out of relaxation mode as she remembered that she had an overwhelming amount of royal duties to carry out. Her brief time away from the Kingdom meant rest but only for a short while as she knew her duties awaited her return. This thought came to mind forcing her to quickly exit the tub. She got out of the water effortlessly and wrapped the towel around her body. Princess Isabelle re-entered her room and made her way to the walking closet where her personal stylist and advisor, Clara, had already chosen her breakfast attire. After getting ready and having a little chat with Clara, she gently placed her crown on her head and began to tackle the stairs flight by flight. Walking more gracefully as she reached the last flight to enter the pastel-colored dining room. She met the butler once more and greeted her parents with the traditional kisses and a warm smile as her chair was pulled for her to sit. She sat quietly and began to have her breakfast, ignoring her father's knowing stare.

Princess Isabelle knew this look too well; she received it every month on this exact day. Today was the set date for visitation by Royalties from both the kingdom of Loudefe in France as well as her kingdom. Although she didn't mind the event, the duties were tiring even if she had the help of the grand council. "So, Princesa you know that you are required to visit the village today, your people look forward to seeing you", stated King Rafael trying to mask his strong Colombian accent. "Papá, if you must antagonize me about this, I will see the people tomorrow. Sí! I understand that today is the usual day of visitation, but you are aware that our trip did not go as planned. We overstayed and due to that I am a bit drunk on exhaustion. In light of this I wish to reside in my room to rest and to finish making preparations for tomorrow", answered Princess Isabelle in an annoyed tone. Her father was up for an argument and so was she but before it began, Queen Melaine quickly intruded giving her husband a challenging smile.

"Cariño, give her a break, she's exhausted, just last night we returned from Egypt. She is still trying to get everything in order as our people will have many questions regarding her experiences. In addition to that, she will have to deal with the quarries of our own kingdom. I'm sure she will be more than happy to see the people when she is fully rested and prepared, let's just enjoy our breakfast for now" stated Queen Melaine smiling at Princess Isabelle lovingly. King Rafael was still displeased but nodded in approval as he couldn't debate with the argument that his wife had presented. It was a really good reason for bending the rules. She was a beautiful woman and all her facial features had been recreated on Isabelle's face.

Princess Isabelle ate the last of her breakfast and excused herself from the dining table. She made her way back up the stairs with a smug smile. After locking her door with the key, she began to change out of her royal attire. "Finally, some comfortable clothes for the risk that I am more than willing to take" she thought. In a matter of minutes, she was dressed in a white ribbon front lace tube top, a black mini skirt and white platform sandals. She was really grateful to Clara who arranged everything including purchasing the clothing items for her secret closet. In the royalty world, these clothes were prohibited but luckily for her, she was living on the edge of both worlds. Clara braided her hair and pinned it up. She then placed a dark brown wig on her head and adjusted it until it met her level of satisfaction. She used a black head band with a white bow to finish the look, centered it and took a step back.

Clara grabbed the makeup kit and started working, 15 minutes later she helped Isabelle to put in the dark brown contacts before stepping away with a smirk. Princess Isabelle turned around to look in the mirror, "It's perfect Clars", she beamed barely able to recognize herself. She then gave Clara a hug and grabbed her side bag before stepping out on the balcony and scouting for guards. When Princess Isabelle was sure she was not being watched, she grabbed the rope that was put in place by Clara and started to climb down the balcony. She knew this was risky, dangerous even! but after weeks of planning and preparation, it was too late to tap out now. She was the one who came up with the idea and Clara was crazy enough to go along with it. This was one of the reasons why they bonded so easily, even though they were from two completely different worlds; they understood each other perfectly.

Princess Isabelle landed safely and saluted Clara before sneaking through the palace gates starting off for the village, which was her favorite place to be. She knew that no one would bow down to her there and she could enjoy her visit without having to worry about any royal duties. She could finally just breathe; it was her only little get away from being a princess and she loved it. Princess Isabelle hoped that she would be able to do this often without her parents suspecting anything. It was now her second day of sneaking out and she was lost in her thoughts, thinking about those pastries again. " I neeeeed to purchase that Almond croissant," she mumbled to herself, checking her bag to see if she had brought the extra cash. "Ahh, here it ...She was snapped out of that thought by someone bumping into her.