10

——🥀🥀🥀——

——🥀🥀🥀——

Flash back

"Taehyung!" His teacher critiqued, English accent thick and venomous, while pointing her pale long finger at the small boy. "That's what you call an arch?"

"Sorry mam" Tae said arching his foot even more, pain radiating through his foot. The teacher scoffed in distaste,

"If I am to continue to pay for your classes and house you, you will only show the best." She walked away to correct the other wealthy students during warm ups.

Everyone knew Tae's financial situation. He grew up in New York City with a single mother and big brother. His mother had gotten sick with lung cancer when Tae was at a young age.

To pay for the costs of her medical bills Tae started dancing on the streets and his brother got a minimum wage job.

Tae danced sloppy ballet. No foot arches, no flexibility, and no posture. All of these things made his dancing ugly, but his spirit went wild for dance, he smiled happily even though everyone critiqued his ballet. He would come home everyday with his plastic cup full with at least 2 dollars.

Once of the many dance instructors in the New York City ballet school saw him one day. She saw the potential in his eyes as he poorly did a pirouette.

She brought him into her studio the next day and tried to teach him male ballet. But Tae he none of that, saying 'I want to be pretty like one of the ballerinas". So from then on she thought him until he was 8 years old.