Chapter 3 ~

Jaime POV
2 whole years of pure hell. Being with parents who argued 24/7 and living in such a large city with no friends. It was a scary experience.

It had been a very long 2 years but it was finally time to leave. I said goodbye to my parents, and left for the airport.

I text Marcus on the way.

"Hey,

I'm on my way home! I've missed you loads, can't wait to see you!!"

I pressed send but it wouldn't. Had he got a new phone?

I arrived at the airport, i was so exited to see Marcus, I had missed him so much, but I couldn't help but think about breaking his heart the day I left...

I boarded my flight and took my seat. I tried to text him one last time, still no good. I turned my phone off and put it away. I was so excited, yet somewhat nervous. Would he still remember me?

Marcus POV.

I woke to the sound of awful singing. I dragged my self to my feet and wondered down the stairs to find Alfie in the kitchen making breakfast. "I was asleep you know!" I shouted jokingly. "Oh shush Butt Butt, be more jolly!" He answered with enthusiasm. I've not been jolly for ages, I thought. Not since..."Shit!" I shouted as I remembered what day it was. Alfie spun around confused. "What?!" He said with a worried tone. I ran up to him and grabbed him by the shoulders. "TODAYS THE DAYYYYYY!!!!" I cheered. She was finally coming home. "Oh yeah!!" Alfie replied with a smile. "Alf, I need to borrow your phone!"

I rang Jaime. No answer. It's fine, I thought, she'll just be on the plane. I threw on a coat, and ran to the car. Alfie followed, hopping along trying to get his shoes on. I plunged the key into the ignition and pulled out of the driveway, sliding across the tarmac. She was coming home.

I'd never drove so fast in my life, I knew there was going to be some kind of ticket issued for my reckless driving, but I was just so excited. My best friend had been gone for so long and now she's back.

Things had changed though, there was a lot of new things happening and life got in the way. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't wait your life for someone.