Author's Note

I like freaking love Lilly Kane. I mean, in all truthfulness, we don't really know much about her, but something about her is just so magnetic, in a manic pixie dream girl sort of way.

But in this story, I wanted Lilly to be more than that. To be a real person. I hoped I succeeded in portraying her fears and insecurities, in a way that explains why Lilly is the way she is.

This was really fun to write. Sorry if any of the make-out scenes are physically impossible because I haven't really french-kissed anyone before, so most of it is imagination, guesswork and the internet.

Also I would like to mention Lilly's scene with Aaron. Writer's intent doesn't always show in writing, but her make-out with him was never meant to be read as romantic. Idk if any of you noticed, but there's like a huge contrast between Lilly's dynamic with Veronica versus Lilly's dynamic with Aaron.

For starters, age. Lilly was also in an emotionally vulnerable position when he came onto her.

And that thing Aaron did? Pinning her to the sink? Totally uncool man.

The only reason she decides to sleep with Aaron is because she thinks she has him in her pocket, which we later find out, sadly, isn't true.

SPOILER ALERT: He ends up killing her.

On a semi-brighter note, remember that time Lilly ran a red light like hours after she was supposedly dead? I originally wanted to end the story there, Lilly rushing back home, realising how bad she had it for Veronica and not wanting to live another day without telling Veronica how much she loved her. But I couldn't find a way to make it work logistically, the timeline just didn't add up.

So that's all. Love, live and ⭐UPVOTE!

🎉 You've finished reading Don't Forget About Me, Veronica (Veronica Mars Fanfic, Lesbian Short Story) 🎉