Chapter 1

It felt as if my mouth was wired shut; unable to speak out to the world that I am here! I need help! No, I needed salvation. I needed redemption. Instead I will forever live with my own sins in the pit of my stomach everytime I think of needles, thread, a camera, glass, bandages, apples, and him until the day I die. Everytime I think of a river or cabin, I'll think of him. Bastard. I'll hate him for the rest of my days! How could I ever forget what he did to me... how he made me feel in the end. The leaves had just turned into the beautiful colors of yellow and orange on the trees, and had fallen down on the ground, covering the grass. The weather was surprisingly quite cold considering it was only the middle of September here in Oklahoma. I had worn my favorite gray wool sweater that came down to my midthighs; almost my knees, and some denim skinny jeans with boots. I was in the park reading a good book. It was a nice beautiful day and I would've never guessed it being the last time I was free. A loud vibrate came from my phone, so I reached into my pocket and pulled it out, reading a text from Maddie. She was my best friend and that day we were going out to see a new movie in theaters. I only had an little less than an hour, so I placed my book in its bag and headed to the car. When suddenly a man walked into me. He was about my age but I didnt get a good look at him. "So sorry miss!" He stuttered out eventually. Not realizing my book had fallen out, I was about to keep walking. "Wait you dropped this." He said and held out my book. "Oh thank you." I smiled softly and reached for the hardcover. My delegate fingers accidentally touched his and for a split second, I blushed. "Oh and one more thing." He said and I engaged. Something suddenly sharp went into my neck and I cried out in pain, but before it grew into a scream I felt dizzy and lightheaded. Next thing I knew, I blacked out after hitting the ground hard.