Faulty Codes

Detroit: Become Human Fan Fiction Story (Connor x OC)

-

A robo-neuropsychologist who had graduated with a PhD from University of Berkley, Jamie Travers was very well-known and incredibly smart. After years of a tortured upbringing, Jamie used her love of neuroscience as a way to cope. By understanding why and how people did things, including her, the world was much clearer. Jamie understood the complexity of and intricacy of the world, thus seeing the beauty as well as the pain.

She'd caught CyberLife's attention, a company that produces androids to assist humans in their daily integrations. They asked Jamie to help test the programming of their androids. She insisted that they give her the most advanced prototype they had, to which they responded by allowing her to have a male RK800.

He had not yet been awakened, though checked over and over for mistakes in programming, to ensure he was perfect for the scientist, which would push Jamie to give them a popular review

He had not yet been awakened, though checked over and over for mistakes in programming, to ensure he was perfect for the scientist, which would push Jamie to give them a popular review. This would bolster their sales - not that they needed it - and thus, they would make more money. CyberLife, though they did much good, was still a company in a capitalist country.

Jamie stood in the observation area, hands knitted together as she watched the engineers do their 'standard' introductory process, though it was obvious they made it higher in quality - or so they thought - just for her. She already hated it, and she knew she would have to suggest changes. Afterwards, they told 'it' about Jamie.

"Ms. Jamie Travers will be your caretaker. Essentially, you're going to be a pioneer android, and after her training, the best of your kind."

"From what I understand, I already am the best of my kind," the android said. Jamie successfully held back a snort, though it was a struggle. She already knew 'it' was going to be very fun to work with.

The worker seemed conflicted though she eventually settled on a reply. "You are, but after Ms Travers's training, you're going to be the best version of yourself you can be," the woman smiled, and she walked out, motioning for Jamie to take her place.

Jamie slowly crept open the door and saw the android waiting for her.

"Ms. Jamie Travers, nice to meet you." it greeted, "What is my name?"

"Pleasure, please call me Jamie. What is your name?"

"I'm sorry, can you clarify?" the android cautioned.

"Well, we always get our names chosen. We never choose it ourselves, and when we try, it never seems to stick. I didn't get to choose my name. So, what would you like me to call you?"

"Um," the android took a moment, scrolling presumably through baby websites and Jamie smiled at the thought.

"Connor."

"Wonderful choice," she smiled. Choices, she thought, remember that.

"So, Jamie, what are you going to teach me?" Connor questioned.