Chapter II - The Orientation

Nikki Jen Garcia's POV

I started walking towards the entrance and as I expected all of the student's head are turned towards my direction following my every steps. I know its not because I'm pretty stunning or what. I can hear them whispering to each other how weird I look. I just continue walking completely ignoring what they are saying. I headed towards the cafeteria's direction to grab some breakfast. I bought some bread and a carton of chocolate drink. The cafeteria lady smiled at me awkwardly but I just look at her without any expression at all and waited for my change. I chose the seat at the corner of the place and started eating. Afterwards, I headed to the school's gymnasium for the freshman's orientation. Its still to early so I was the first one to arrived at the place. I took the seat at the back, put on my headset. I looked on my watch, fifteen minutes more before the start of the ceremony. I close my eyes and concentrate on the music playing on my IPOD.

I dont know how long it has been before I realized that I am no longer alone. I looked up and saw a guy sitting on the far corner opposite my seat. Oh another weirdo I thought I decided to just ignore his presence and give the guy another last look but his head turned towards my direction probably sensing my gaze, he smiled widely at me and I felt my heart skipped a beat. I was dumbfounded by that smile and I dont know how to react. I hurriedly turn my head away avoiding the guy's gaze. I was embarrased by what I felt and I know I'm blushing. I looked down and put my hood back on. I dont know what happen to me but with that simple smile I felt something weird flinched in my insides.

Andrew Gen Nerio's POV

I walk at the gym's entrance. It's the orientation and I'm already anticipating the start of the new semester. Its the freshman orientation and I was excited that I went to the venue early. I chose to sit somewhere in the back while waiting for everybody to come. I looked around but nobody is here yet except for a girl. She's wearing a black hoodie at nakatungo siya. I don't know if she's asleep o nakikinig lang ng music mula sa IPOD na hawak nya. I looked at her with a big smile habang hinihintay ko na tumingin siya sakin pero parang natutulog talaga siya so I decided to just wait for the other students while looking in front. I suddenly sense someone's gaze so I look at the only person here aside from me and I was right she really is looking at me. I gave her a big smile but instead of smiling back, she turned her gaze away and looked down. Hindi ko alam kung bakit but this is the first time somebody ignored me. I know I gave her my super friendly smile not the flirty one. I am so intrigued with this girl so I decided to introduce myself to her.