Chapter 8

"Ah, she is awake," Clarice said opening the door.

Clarice, the person I hate the most. The one who I thought I was never going to see again. The devil lady.

She walked towards me with a sense of urgency.

"Well, hurry up. Get up," she said as if I was expected to know that.

"Why?" I asked.

"I promised to fix you attitude, did I not?" she asked.

"Wait. She's hurt!" Dallas cried out.

"Too bad for her, she did that to herself saving your little sister, Dallas," Clarice pointed out.

She walked out of the door. Dallas picked me up and set me on my feet

"Thank you," I said.

"It's nothing," he answered with a smile.

Dallas walked with me out the door and towards what I assumed was Clarice's office.

"You'll be okay, right," he asked seeming very worried.

"Yah," I reassured him because I didn't like to see him worry. Honestly, I was nervous to what would happen to me.

Dallas opened a door to reveal Clarice sitting at a desk tapping her fingers impatiently.

"Finally," she said smart-alecky. "I've been waiting."

She stood up and took me, while Dallas walked in the other direction. I didn't want to be alone with her. I wanted Dallas with me.

We walked into a dark, cold room. I saw all sorts of machines and weird equipment. Clarice led me over to one of the machines.

"Sit there," she said pointing to a small, red x on the machine's chair.

I sat down and she lowered a big mixing bowl over my head. I know it wasn't a mixing bowl, it just looked like one.

"What are you doing to me?" I asked.

Clarice did not answer, instead she stuck a big needle into my arm.

"Ow," I whispered under my breath.

All of a sudden, images of Dallas started to fill my head. All I could see was him, all I could smell was his sweet scent, all I could hear was him, all I could feel were his warm lips touching mine.

"Ah, so you have a crush on Angel Boy?" she asked me.

I did not reply. I could only see Dallas and feel his lips on mine. His sweet scent washed over me and then faded to a musky, basement smell. Dallas stopped kissing me and just looked at me, and the he vanished.

"Emory," Clarise said.

"What do you want," I said.

"If you do not cooperate, then we will kill off Dallas. Do you understand," she threatened me.

"Yes," I said suddenly feeling fear instead of the warm kisses that Dallas in my brain was giving me.

I was now very afraid and did not know what to do, but I knew that I was not going to tell Dallas. I would worry him way to much. I walked back to my room and fell asleep, trying to rid myself of the nightmares...mostly the thought of Dallas dying, or worse it being my fault.