XI. Two Boys One Ball

—Earlier—

Marinette sat at the park designing.

"Marinette?"

Marinette looked up to find Luka standing a few feet in front of her. "Oh, hi, Luka. What's up?"

"Mari, I know we aren't on the best terms we have every been on and I know that your trust for me is still being rebuilt but I want's to ask you to the Winter Ball."

"Luka, can I get back to you? The last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me. I need to better understand my emotions," Mari paused for a second. "You are a great guy, Luka. I would hate to lead you on. Just give me a few days to understand all of this."

Luka looked as though he had been stabbed in the heart but responded with a calm, "I understand, of course, Mari."

"Thank you," Mari softly kissed his cheek and walked off to the bakery.

—Not long after—

"Alya, what should I say? I'm still so confused by my feelings."

"I don't know, girl."

"Thanks anyways."

"Marinette, don't worry. It isn't like Chat will ask you to the dance. What are the chances that he goes to school with us?"

"Yeah, you're right. Okay, I will keep think-"

"Alya!" a voice exclaimed from the phone. Marinette heard a faint, "Coming, Mom!"

"Sorry, Mari, I have to go. Dinner."

"Bye, Alya," Marinette said in her usual happy tone.

"Bye, girl."

With that, Marinette pressed the red button on the middle bottom of her screen and placed it down on her desk.

—Present Time—

    Chat Noir melted into the shadow, becoming for Ladybug to follow. Ladybug just sighed. He was always so dramatic.

    "Are you coming or what?!" Chat Yelled from the dark.

    Ladybug let out a laugh and followed him.

    "Mari, I've been wanting to tell you for a very long time now."

    "Chat?" Ladybug couldn't say anything else before being blinded by a bright, green light. Upon Opening her eyes, she was shocked to find...

Author's Note:
Hey, guys. I know that this really isn't a cliffhanger but I really need to publish and I needed a way to start the next chapter. I'm thinking that I should probably end this book soon. Love y'all.