eleven

Hope

"Wow Rah" I smiled. "This is dope. We can definitely work with this."

Rocky picked me up and we went to the place he got for my showcase. It was this cute spot in midtown. The area's vibe is very urban, so I know I will be able to attract a lot of people.

"I feel like it's appropriate for your first show. I got my assistant to look for some young architects, and he found two people. I invited them. I also invited a few of my close friends so you can charm money out their pockets."

"I'm so excited. It's starting to get real for me."

"It's going to be dope, fasho."

We walked out of the venue and got in Rocky's whip.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"You work tonight?" He asked while starting the car.

"Nope. Off Sundays."

"Then we're going to your house."

"Hmm" I held my hand to my chin and thought. "You want to do a smoke and paint? Like a sip and paint but weed."

"That sounds dope. I can be on my Picasso shit. Nah fuck Picasso. Imma be on my Hope shit."

"So what you tryna' paint?" I asked while setting up two canvases for us.

"What's simple?" He asked.

"I just paint based on how I feel." I shrugged. I laid out some colors and some brushes. 

"Here." Rocky slid me a bag of weed. "You got some woods?"

"Of course." I smiled. I pulled out my grinder, RAW rolling tray, and the woods.

"I am about to roll me a nice lil' wood." I said. "What type of weed is this and how much do you want in your wood?"

"It's Berner's Snowman. It's anti-anxiety and stress relieving. How ever much you put in yours put in mine." He said.

"Man I am so happy that you get as excited as I do about weed." I laughed.

I am super comfortable indulging around Rocky. Dro made me feel like a crackhead. Like relax nigga, it's just weed. I pulled out eight grams. I'll put four in each.

"Yea baby girl. I get you." He said.

"Hmm" Rocky hit his backwood and looked at the canvas.

"Thinking?" I said. He nodded. I dipped my paintbrush in orange oil paint and then slathered some on the canvas. I was painting my own planets in a pink galaxy.

"Yea. I don't know what else to put." He said. His canvas was hidden from me, so I didn't know what he was painting.

"Don't think. Just paint." I turned my head sideways and studied my canvas.

"That's easy for you to say. You do this shit." He laughed.

"When I don't know what I want to paint, I just look for a color that reflects how I feel. I then figure out what to do with that color." I said. He put his hand on his chin and nodded. He dipped his brush in yellow and then painted some more.

"I think I'm done." I said. I checked my watch to see the time. It read 6:03 P.M. "You hungry?"

"Depends. You cooking? Cause if you cooking, I'm definitely eating." He said while continuing to paint.

"I will." I laughed. I walked into the kitchen to see what I had. I took out some chicken breasts, steak, vegetables, and rice.  "What about stir fry?"