Nine

"He's in a very critical condition, ma'am. It's a miracle,the glass barely missed his heart. One more inch and he could have been dead"the doctor said to Joy.
"Is he going to be okay?"Joy sobbed.
"He's in a coma right now. He'll wake,but it might take some time to recover even after waking.
"Joy!"John yelled as he ran into the room.
"He came,John. He took Martha"
"No! How is that possible?"
"He killed the guards and left with Martha"
"Where's Matt?"he asked looking around.
"He...he got injured. He's in a very critical condition"
****
The room was silent and dark. Rose flipped the switch and looked around the room, nothing was here. Hope's bed was neat and her bedsheets were gone. She walked into the bathroom and looked around, nothing. Hope came in as she walked into the room .
"Hey,"she said.
"Um..hi. Look, sorry for earlier. It's just that's that my thing and it's none of your business"she managed to say. Hope didn't hear, she was taking out the last box in her wardrobe out.
"Hey"she pulled her so she could look at her.
"Said I'm sorry about earlier"
"It's okay"Hope smiled.
"Wow, that was easy. Where are you going?"
"Another room"she said curtly.
"What! Why?"
"I really have no interest in ruining my future and scholarship here. So, goodbye"she shrugged out of her grasp and walked out.
"Fine,I don't need you too, bitch!"she yelled after her. "Why am I even talking to her,she's deaf"she said sitting comfortably on the bed Hope left.
***
Martha woke up in a different room. It didn't look like the hospital room. She sat up and screamed at the sight of Donald standing in front of the door.
"Hello, sweetheart"he said with a smirk.
"Where am I?"she asked in fear.
"A place where they will never find you but your body"
"You're a very sick man. You think after killing me you'll be governor?"
"No,but it'll break your father enough to quit and sit his ass down while my brother runs for governorship"
"You'll never win!"she yelled and was rewarded with a slap.
****
The door slammed open and Joy ran in and grabbed Marisa strongly by the neck. Marisa choked and struggled to breathe.
"Joy,stop it!"John yelled pulling her off Marisa who coughed and took big gulps of air.
"Mom,are you okay?"Denise asked.
"Haven't you done enough with getting my daughter pregnant? Now you have to kidnap her again and leave my son fighting for his Life!"she yelled picking a knife.
"Joy stop it! Violence won't stop anything. We will be the same as the man that ruined our lives,the family that ruined our lives"
"I had nothing...."
"To do with it?"Joy completed for her."Oh, shut up! You can hear the news,you were in it with your husband. You have children for crying out loud! How would you feel if we were the ones that did the same to you! You're not a mother, you're a witch and a murderer;"Joy yelled before John pulled her away.
"Don't you think dad is doing a little too much?"Denise said. Her mother ignored and rubbed her neck where Joy had gripped her.
"Mom!"
"Shut up and get your brother. I know where he is"
"Ethan!"Denise ran upstairs. She knocked on her brother's door,no answer.
"He's still mad at us"she said running downstairs.
"We'll explain to him later,let's go"
****
She texted her mother again,no reply. She had tried calling,she wasn't picking. She had been doing that for a few days now and she was getting worried.
"Hey"her new roommate said as she walked into the room.
"Are you new here?"she asked walking to her wardrobe.
"Sorry,I can't hear you, I'm deaf"
"I'm sorry. I asked if you were new"
"I just changed rooms. My former roommate is a druggie"she said flipping through her phone. What she saw made her phone fall from her hands.
"What's wrong?"
"That man is after my family and he has my sister! I...I have to go"
"I'll drive"
****
"The doctor said it might take a while for him to wake"Joy said rubbing his head.
The door opened and Hope stepped in,she looked very angry.
"Hope"her mom said.
"Hope?"John asked as he turned to see his daughter standing at the door.
"How could you keep something like that from me?!"she yelled.
"Hope"her mom tried.
"Oh,you didn't want to disturb school work? Is that it? How could you! I thought we were family and you love me!"
"They have a trace on where Donald may be,they are on their way now"a man said walking inside.
"Good, shoot him if he touches even a strand of her hair" John said. The man nodded and walked out.
"Is he going to be okay? Or you can't tell me that too?"Hope asked.
"He's in a coma"
"How did you get here?"John asked.
"My roommate brought me. That doesn't mean I'm still okay with what you did"she said as she sat with her arms folded.
"Hope.."
"Don't mom, just don't"
****
"Don"Marisa yelled as she ran into the warehouse.
"What the fuck are two doing here?"he yelled.
"Put the needle down,Don. This is getting silly"
"You look like a total fool right now"Denise said slapping the needle out of his hand.
"How did you get here?"he asked.
"We have the place surrounded,come out and we promise not to open fire"a voice said through the mega phone outside.
"Oh,my God! The police is here"Denise said almost in tears.
"If you open fire you'll kill the bastard's daughter and two bitches here with me!"he yelled.
"Two bitches? We're your family"Marisa said.
"You stopped being my family when you decided to come here and stop me from finally ending her miserable life"he looked at the bed,it was empty.
"Where did she go?"he asked.
"Come out with your hands in the air I repeat"the voice said.
"Come on "Marisa said as she quickly pulled her daughter out.
"I'll win. I always get what I want!"he yelled. He walked out with his hands in the air and with a smirk. He looked sideways before punching a police officer. He was shot in the leg.
"Dad!"Denise screamed as her father fell to the ground in pain.