chapter 25- Sisters Of Quiet Mercy

It's been three days...

I get up, go to class, pray, afternoon sessions, silent reflection time, dinner, and then I cry myself to sleep.

I never thought I'd say this but... I miss my family.

----

Veronica and her friends sat around the student lounge when Sweet Pea and Fangs walked in. "Alright Lodge. Where is she?" he asked and she was taken back. "Amaia. She isn't answering my calls or texts. She can't be that mad at me." he explained. Veronica sighed and nodded, "She didn't tell you." He was confused. She looked at her friends who all watched her intensely.

"Amaia had enough and ran away after our confirmation. She packed a bag and left." Veronica told him and he was instantly heartbroken. "What the hell?" he asked himself before leaving the room. "Wait. She just packed and left?" Betty asked and Jughead was confused as to why his best friend would just leave without saying goodbye.

----

A whole month went by.. I was still by myself. Still alone. Even the name on my door was A. Eleanor. I guess my father, well Hiram, told the truth. I'm officially disowned.

I sat in the garden with my knees to my chest. "Princess." I heard and looked up gasping. "Joaquin." I breathed and jumped up. He hugged me tightly as tears came to my eyes. "How'd you end up here? What happened?" He asked and I looked around for the nuns who turned a blind eye before we sat on the bench. "My parents. They sent me here. I told them I wanted nothing to do with them and.. they said I got my wish. I'm officially disowned." I told him wiping my eyes. "How'd you know I was here?" I asked. "I was up north and some guys were talking about a rich Latina girl who was sent away because she wanted nothing to do with her ex-con of a father. I had to check it out." He told me and I sniffled.

"You have to get me out of here Joaquin. Please." I whispered to him. That's when he caught sight of my wrist. My left sleeve rode up and he grabbed it lightly. "Your snake... What did they do to you?" He asked and I just flooded into tears. "Please. Get me out of here."

He looked around before sliding me his phone. I cleared my throat and quickly dialed Veronica's number.

"Hello?" She asked
"Ronnie?" I asked my voice beaten down from screaming too much.
"Oh my god. Amaia! Where are you?" She asked frantically. You could hear multiple What's and Amaia! In the background.
"I'm sorry Ronnie. I'm so so sorry. I don't hate you. I love you. I don't want anything to happen. I need your help." I told her.
"Where are you? I'll come to get you." She spoke sternly and concerned.
"They... They sent me away again V. To the place where I was before. I uh... I don't know what to do Ronnie. Please." I cried into the phone.
"I'll get you out of there I swear." She told me before hanging up.

I slid the phone back to Joaquin who hugged me as I sobbed.

"I'll go back to Riverdale. I'll take to FP and we will make a plan. I promise Amaia. We will get you out of here." He whispered to me.

I woke up panting and looked around as I realized I dreamed the whole thing. I pulled my knees to my chest as I sobbed.

Later in the day, My door opened and I turned to the door revealing Sister Woodhouse. "Movie night!" She cheered and I pulled my shoes on. I followed her to the projection room and I bit my lip until I saw her. "Cheryl?" I asked and she turned to me gasping as tears fell. "Oh my god. Amaia." she breathed and ran my way hugging me tightly. "Oh my god." she cried into my shoulder.

--

After that night I never saw Cheryl after that. She left though, that much I know. I sat at the desk as I shaded in one of my drawings. A knock came at my door and I looked over to reveal Sister Woodhouse. "You have a visitor, little one." She left and they walked in. My heart was in my stomach as I hyperventilated. "You found me." I breathed and jumped up. I rushed over and jumped into their arms. "Course. I'd never leave you behind." Jughead whispered to me.

FP walked in with another guy who I recognized as Toni's uncle, and I smiled at them as I stepped back from Jughead. "We are getting you out of here," he told me and Sister Woodhouse followed him in. "Grab your things little one." I nodded frantically and grabbed the old suitcase they provided me with.

I packed my things and followed them out of the building. "Thank you, guys." I cried and Jughead hugged me again as I sobbed. Pulling back FP hugged me this time and rubbed my back. "You're family Maia. We never give up on family."

Getting to the Wyrm I followed behind FP and Jughead as he got people's attention. The Wyrm was oddly quiet and almost empty. "OH MY GOD." I heard and laughed as Toni ran over. She hugged me and twirled me around. "Amaia!" Fangs called out and rushed over hugging me too.

"Where's Sweets?" I asked and all I hear from behind us is, "Wheres the party?" Turning his face dropped as he said, "No." I smiled widely as I ran over and jumped into his arms. He hugged me tightly and kissed me. Pulling back he just kept echoing, "You're okay."

Sweet Pea placed a hand on my thigh as we all sat in a circle in the Wyrm. I explained to them everything from the night of my confirmation to what I found and how my dad handled my snooping. "I.. I am officially disowned from the Lodge family." I finished and Sweet Pea squeezed my thigh as they all looked around. "You're already a serpent Maia." FP spoke, "You were there for us whenever, and helped us out in any way you can. You're just not officially one, but... You're still family." He told me and people who were there clapped and cheered making me laugh.

--
I paced back and forth in the bathroom. I locked the door and then looked at my own reflection. "You can do this Amaia," I told myself and then changed. I stood in black lingerie as I took a deep breath. I chugged down three beers and three shots of Jack. I cleared my throat and put my clothes over it.

I walked out on stage as the music played, and I grabbed the pole

I walked out on stage as the music played, and I grabbed the pole. I focused on a routine I saw on youtube, and on nothing else. Not the horny 40 yr old men in the audience or the fact that Sweet Pea is standing in the back of the bar watching intensely, making sure nobody tries anything to his precious baby girl. Not even the fact that Toni and Fangs are also here. When I finished the guys cheered and FP walked up to me. He held out a jacket and I smiled and took it, "Welcome to the serpents. Officially." He spoke and people cheered.

I went back into the bathroom and changed. I finished the bottle of Jack and then went out the bathroom to see Sweet Pea holding my clothes.  He came over to me and said, "Maia." I bit my lip and he looked me in the eyes. "I'm so glad you're in my life." He leaned down and kissed me softly, but then deepened it.

Sweet Pea took me to get my serpent tattoo and our brand tattoo freshened up after they, in my opinion, barbarically took it from me. My corporal punishment, well my path to forgiveness, started with cleansing. I had to rid myself of my demons and my tattoo. They used a wooden block wrapped in sandpaper and some kind of liquid. They worked at it every day until the hard black ink was faded and it was barely there.

-