The Blackthorn Girl

I was relaxing on probably the most comfortable couch in the universe with a book sitting on my chest and my feet up on the table in front of me, staring into the fire in the fireplace, and Morgan on the other end, playing with her blonde hair and looking at herself in a mirror, applying eye shadow with her other hand. Morgan was undeniably hot with her leather pants, black boots, and black tank top, along with her makeup. She gets her looks from mom's side. Of course I've only seen a picture of our mom, but the looks are still there. I get my looks from dad's side.

"You going on a date, or something?" I asked her.

"Wouldn't you like to know," She said. "Well if you must know, yes. I am. Any more questions?"

"Yeah... Why are you so pissed right now? I hope you aren't like this with your date," I said.

"Because I'm sick of dates. Every single guy I've ever met is an asshole," Morgan sighed and set down her makeup.

"Does that include your little brother?" I said, pouting.

Morgan glared at me and said, "Yes. He is number one on the list."

"Its official. I'm number one at everything!" I put on my proud face.

Morgan rolled her eyes and said, "Do you not have any friends? Like seriously, go bug someone else!"

"But your my favourite person to annoy," I told her.

"Get a life," Morgan hit me with the book that was on my chest and walked away.

I had a bad habit of tapping the Penhallow family ring. The image of the mountains mesmerized me. I sighed and got up off the couch to go outside. The cool Fall air got me by surprise so I reached back inside and pulled my brown sweater off of the rack and threw it on. I saw two people, both wearing the ring of the Blackthorn family, so I assumed it was a father with his daughter. The girl looked about my age but shorter than me. She was a simple-looking girl, I supposed. Maybe even cute, to the right person. Her hair was long, curly, the colour of chocolate. Little braids were intwined in her hair, which reminded me vaguely of a crown. Her eyes were a silver-blue, close to the colour of my own. Not to mention that she had the pointed ears of a Faerie, but the marks of the Nephilim. She must have faerie blood in her, because Nephilim blood is more dominant than Faerie, but Faerie blood does not go away. I noticed that her father did not bear the blood of a Faerie, so I assumed the mother was one, or at least held some Faerie blood in her.

"Hey," Her father said to me. "I'm Octavian Blackthorn, and this is my daughter, Lynn. We were wondering if you would like to join us in taking back the Los Angeles institute? We are looking for help from as many people possible."

"Of course. When are we leaving?" I replied. "My name is Al by the way."

"In about an hour. There will be a portal coincidentally just outside your house. See you there!" Octavian said.

"Bye," Lynn said quietly before walking away with her father.

***********************************************

Within the hour that I had, I had thrown on my Shadowhunter gear and put on a Soundless rune, along with a strength and a speed rune. It was nearly dark, and I met Morgan at the door on my way out.

"Leaving for your date?" I wondered.

"Yes," Morgan sighed.

"Are you sure you're not into girls?" I asked.

"Of course I'm not!" Morgan said defensively.

"That sucks... I guess I owe Martin five bucks," I laughed.