Happenstance?

This chapter is gonna rush things a little. I wanted to speed up the plot because this is gonna be a short story. Sorry for the long wait. For those readers who read this story.

Thank you! Im soo sorry for the wait, once again. I wasnt really sure about the plot of this story. I was thinking about deleting it. But ideas kept on coming and sure enough I wanted to update. A few errors and mistakes. Please pardon them.

And if you guys see her name spelled like Jamie instead of Jayme. It's cause I have written half of this chapter a while ago. So I tried my best to correct it.

All the lights were out in the house. That meant her parents were sleeping or they didnt pay the light bill. Typical. Jayme walked in the house, being very cautious when she opened the door. She walked in very slowly and closed the door behind her.

Letting out a sigh of relief and rested her head against the door. Thank goddnes no one was in the room, she thought. As soon as Jayme was going to go upstairs to her room, she heard a glass break off right above her head. Her eyes shut quickly startled dropping her bags on the floor.

"What I told your ass about coming in here late." He said sternly.

She turned around as fast opening her eyes trying to catch her breath ."It's o-only about one Ms.Sherry h-had to let us close up late." She lied. She always stuttered when she lied. Ofcourse they didn't know bout her job as a stripper.

He walked towards Jayme with a evil look on his face. Her body stiffened as he approached her. He stopped and lifted up her chin with his hands roughly. He was drunk and Jayme could smell the alcohol under his breath. He smelled like he didnt take a shower in days. He reaked.

He look at her in the eye searching for something, then suddenly he picked her up by the throat slamming her against the wall. Jayme started stuggling to get out of his tight grasp but didnt yell because she was already used to all the the abuse shes been getting over the years. The pain that she was feeling from this was nothing. She'd had worse.

He tightened his hands around her neck making her gasped her air."Come in this house late one more time. And see whats gon happen to you." He said with a thick southern accent. He drooped her on the floor, causing a loud thump. When he walked away she was relieved. She sighed and picked her bag up heading towards her room. As soon as Jayme closed the door jumped on her bed without even taking off her clothes and or a shower. Tomorrow was just another day. But Jayme wasnt too excited about seeing another day.

The next day Jayme woke up with her alarm clock going off loudly in her room. She groaned loudly, getting and stopping it from ringing any longer. Today was a Friday, and that meant another day of work. She was exhausted and sore all all over her body from working and from last night's incident. Jayme got up from her bed, and head straight to the shower, when she was done was dressed for work at Ms.Sherry's diner.

When she got downstairs there was not a sound to be heard. Thank god she thought. She didn't want to face that man this morning. Her neck was already sore from last night. Jamie wondered where they where but she didn't really care right now she had to go to work.

Ms. Sherry's Diner was the place where everyone came to eat breakfast, at anytime of the day. Everyone knew her, and everyone loved her food. It was a miracle that Jamie got a job there. Ms.Sherry wasn't looking to hire anyone at the moment but once she took a look at Jamie she automatically new she was going through something. Jayme became a waitress at the diner. It didn't pay as much as she gets at the club, but it was worth it. Her co-workers loved her. She loved working there.

The diner was running smoothly and Jayme was happy about that. At least it wasn't crowed. She was already in uniform and was already taking down order serving people food.

"Excuse me Miss." A deep voiced said behind her.

Jayme turned around where she was behind the counter. She had almost dropped the menus that was in her hands when she looked at the person speaking to her. She was frozen. Oh gosh he's handsome she thought. Everything about this guy was perfect from his honey brown eyes, to his sexy lips, to his perfectly sculpted cheekbones. He was perfect. He had this mysterious look to him, making Jamie want to know all about him. What what she thinking, he's just a customer. He didn't want to talk to her.

He gave her a polite smile and she returned one back. And that smile was just, what the word, oh! Yeah perfect. She didn't know how long they were starring at each other but the man cleared his throat making Jamie snap back into attention.

"H-how may I help you sir." She voiced clearly. Although she stuttered.

"I would like some coffee please."

"Okay." She went kitchen and got a cup and the coffee returning back to the man. His eyes followed her every move. She felt nervous, so nervous that she didn't even notice the coffee flowing over the cup as she was pouring it. She gasped quickly getting a cloth to wipe up the mess.

The man eyes grew wide as he watched her clean up the counter."Are you okay?" He asked.

Jayme was flushed with embarrassment."I-I'm fine. Sorry this happened." People were starring at the scene that she had created.

He pulled his wallet out paying for the coffee and throwing in extra. "No need to apologize." He squinted his eyes to see her name on her shirt. "Uh Jayme." The way he said her name made her melt.

Jayme nodded not making any eye contact. The man turned around the left the diner leaving her in a daze. She didn't even know the guys name but yet he made her feel weird inside.

By the time her shift was over, which was around eight. She was nearly exhausted from running around the diner all day. It was now for her to go to her second job. She decided to walk there. Which it wasn't really that far, and it wasn't dark yet. When she got there she went though the back where all the dancers entered.

"Wassup Jayme." Said Larry. He was one the guards of the club. He was always friendly to her and always did anything she asked him to.

"Hi Larry. You doing good." She said giving him a hug. He gave her a nod. She continued to walk towards her dressing room.

Porsha was already in the dressing applying makeup. Jayme was always happy to see her. She was her homegirl. She got Porsha and Porsha got her. Ever since Jamie started working there Porsha was the only friend she had there. The rest of the girls at the club were either jealous or just simply didn't like her. That didn't stop Jayme from making money every night. She started to get dressed. Picking out a outfit for the night.

"So which shoes should I wear. The red ones with the sparkly bow or the sliver ones with the multiple straps?" Porsha asked.

Jamie turned around in her chair and looked at the heels in Porshas hands."um I like one with the straps."

"Thanks. Girl to tonight's gonna be real busy I just know it." Porsha replied putting on her heels.

Jayme fluffed her hair rubbing her lips together."Well I'm done. You ready to make this money."

Porsha gave her a knowing smile. "Show time." Was all she said before they went on stage.

Tonight was packed. And Jayme was loving it. Men were throwing money at her as she shook her ass in their faces. Screaming and hollering her name. "Lola. Lola." She danced all night until it was time for her to stop. When she walked off stage, she was relieved. Finally the night was over for her. When she got back to her dressing room, Porsha was gone already. "She must have left early, damn whose going to take home."Jayme thought. Immediately she started to change her clothes. When she was done, she checked the time and it was about 11:30.

Thirty minutes before twelve. Not again. She decided to call a cab. Boy was she going to kill Porsha tomorrow. She walked three blocks away from the strip club, and told the cab services to pick her up from there. They got there about ten minutes later.

Jayme got into the cab, once the cab driver started to drive she took out her wallet."Can you take me to 307 tiverly place please. How much would that be?"

"Twelve dollars miss." The cab driver replied.

She was taken by surprise when she heard that voice. Jayme suddenly wanted to sink down in her seat, It was the gorgeous guy from the diner." Oh gosh! Why did I had to see him again" she thought. For she was already embarrassed of what happened earlier in the day.